PDA

View Full Version : Ate aluminum foil

AnxietyZT
10-06-22, 04:10
Been a rough week! I ordered a five guys burger and I THINK I ate some aluminum foil (very small amount). I was so hungry and I think I bit some off. Well, now I’ve been in a panic reading about how heavy metals are obviously so bad for you causing many many health issues such as epilepsy, Alzheimer’s, cancer, etc. Do you think a lot of people have eaten a foil in their life and are healthy? Just imagining the toxins being stuck in my brain and it makes me tense/have a headache.

NoraB
10-06-22, 08:09
Your kidneys will have flushed that out nicely. Zero concern here..

Meanwhile, your bank account is still reeling..

We did Five Guys the other week. £50 for three burgers? :scared15:

BlueIris
10-06-22, 08:47
The secret is to just have the chips. A large chips is a really good-sized lunch for two people.

Pamplemousse
10-06-22, 11:45
Your kidneys will have flushed that out nicely. Zero concern here..

Meanwhile, your bank account is still reeling..

We did Five Guys the other week. £50 for three burgers? :scared15:

Never been there; I can see at those prices why there's one outside St. Paul's Cathedral (as featured on Jubilee TV coverage last week) and at those prices, I will stay away.

Poor Louis Jordan... :(

As to the OP - you'll be fine. Bowels and kidneys will have sorted that out for you. I've eaten foil in my past, but these days I have an early warning system; it's called the metal posts in my teeth. Then you get electrolytic action between the foil and the posts which send a very painful ZAP! into my head.

WorryRaptor
10-06-22, 15:42
Been a rough week! I ordered a five guys burger and I THINK I ate some aluminum foil (very small amount). I was so hungry and I think I bit some off. Well, now I’ve been in a panic reading about how heavy metals are obviously so bad for you causing many many health issues such as epilepsy, Alzheimer’s, cancer, etc. Do you think a lot of people have eaten a foil in their life and are healthy? Just imagining the toxins being stuck in my brain and it makes me tense/have a headache.

Tinfoil/aluminum foil is non toxic to humans. Our bodies have no way of extracting the aluminum from the foil to even go near the rest of our organs, so accidentally swallowing a small amount is going to do diddly squat. It will simply pass through and be a distant memory. I'm sure thousands of people ingest small amounts of foil in throughout their lives with no ill effects.

Now I'm hungry for Five Guys. :roflmao:

NoraB
10-06-22, 16:41
The secret is to just have the chips. A large chips is a really good-sized lunch for two people.

To be fair, it was my husband's birthday. It was either this or Betty's Tea Rooms but there was a massive queue, so Five Guys it was..

£50 though? :scared15:

NoraB
10-06-22, 16:46
I'm sure thousands of people ingest small amounts of foil in throughout their lives with no ill effects.

My husband eats chewing gum and glue. Yes, you read that right. Dude gets glue on his fingers during DIY and he chews it off his fingers and swallows. Not talking poncy glue like Pritt Stick either; I'm talking Gorilla glue! :ohmy:

And he says I'm nuts.... :roflmao:

NoraB
10-06-22, 16:47
Never been there; I can see at those prices why there's one outside St. Paul's Cathedral (as featured on Jubilee TV coverage last week) and at those prices, I will stay away.

Nice burgers, P, but not £50 quid's worth. I'm still in shock...:scared15:

Pamplemousse
10-06-22, 16:55
My husband eats chewing gum and glue. Yes, you read that right. Dude gets glue on his fingers during DIY and he chews it off his fingers and swallows. Not talking poncy glue like Pritt Stick either; I'm talking Gorilla glue! :ohmy:

Errr... unwise. Especially the versions that aren't wood glue (PVA).

AnxietyZT
11-06-22, 02:30
Apologies for the late response. Appreciate everyone’s answer - definitely comforting and makes me feel a lot better! Now I just wish my bank account was better after wasting money on five guys! But again appreciate everyone’s logical input/thinking, wish I had it myself some times!

NoraB
11-06-22, 06:16
Errr... unwise. Especially the versions that aren't wood glue (PVA).

Tell me about it...

Dude's had two endoscopies though and he doesn't appear to be any worse for wear. :unsure:

Also, he doesn't do that much DIY. :roflmao: