PDA

View Full Version : Does this sound normal?

Dee62
20-06-22, 12:53
After a 24hour holter monitor I got this letter. Does it sound normal?

Further to your recent referral I arranged a 24 hour tape for Deborah and now have the result. This showed sinus rhythm from 61-135 beats per minute, with a mean of 79 beats per minute. There are a few ventricular ectopics and some supraventricular ectopics, including two short runs of atrial ectopics but no sustained arrhythmia.

At the time she was symptomatic with palpitations

NoraB
20-06-22, 13:14
I wore one for a week and, as I recall, my letter was full of medical jargon too and when I asked my GP about it, she said, Yeah, that's all fine'. :unsure:

Dee62
20-06-22, 13:17
Thank you. Was on my way to work this morning and out of nowhere had horrendous palpitations. Over 155bpm. Got to work and had to call paramedics. It went on for a good couple of hours. Had ecg etc. Very frightening and felt lightheaded, nauseous and clammy hands.

NoraB
20-06-22, 13:25
Thank you. Was on my way to work this morning and out of nowhere had horrendous palpitations. Over 155bpm. Got to work and had to call paramedics. It went on for a good couple of hours. Had ecg etc. Very frightening and felt lightheaded, nauseous and clammy hands.

I have palps regularly and my heart rate stuck at over 145 bpm for several hours once. It's a horrible sensation for the heart to be racing like we're running for a bus when we're not actually moving. I was lying down... A beta-blocker sorted me out thankfully..

The light-headedness, clammy hands and nausea etc are more likely to be anxiety. It's really important that you calm your heart rate down by deep breathing and not panicking..

P.S, the heat is triggering a lot of people who have anxiety...

Dee62
20-06-22, 16:37
Thank you for your kind replies. It helps to know I'm not the only one like this.