PDA

View Full Version : Wound in the roof of the mouth

epistore
20-06-22, 15:24
I have a sore on the roof of my mouth, I think it's been 5 to 7 days, I'm afraid of oral cancer, my opinion is that it should be cured by now and exactly for that time that it doesn't cure I'm afraid. Can someone help me?
I will add a photo for you to see

epistore
20-06-22, 16:23
if possible can someone give me a light i'm terrified

MrLurcher
20-06-22, 16:51
I have had mouth ulcers lasting 2 weeks before, so 5-7 days isn't that long really.

Give it at least 12-14 days to heal. Rinse your mouth out with salt water twice a day, and see if you can get some antiseptic mouthwash - we have something called 'Corsodyl' in the UK, not sure what you'd have in Brazil.

epistore
20-06-22, 16:55
Thanks for the reply, I've had several canker sores before, but I'm scared of this one. From the looks the Photo, I don't know if it could be cancer.

epistore
20-06-22, 17:29
I posted the photo now, see because I'm afraid.

nomorepanic
20-06-22, 17:54
No pictures please - I have removed them twice now.

epistore
20-06-22, 17:57
How do I report my problem??? no photos?

epistore
20-06-22, 18:07

How do I report my problem??? no photos?

Fishmanpa
20-06-22, 18:08
C'mon man... no one wants to look at the inside of your mouth! No one here is a doctor or dentist either. Just see a doctor if you're that concerned. Otherwise rinse with a salt solution (1pt water, 1 tbsp salt and 1tsp baking soda) and let the thing heal!

FMP

epistore
20-06-22, 18:14

C'mon man... no one wants to look at the inside of your mouth! No one here is a doctor or dentist either. Just see a doctor if you're that concerned. Otherwise rinse with a salt solution (1pt water, 1 tbsp salt and 1tsp baking soda) and let the thing heal!

FMP

not quite what an anxious person expects to hear "see a doctor" but thanks.

Fishmanpa
20-06-22, 18:21
not quite what an anxious person expects to hear "see a doctor" but thanks.

Several people have said to rinse and let it heal. You're not letting it go and engaging in extreme self examination behaviors and posting photos (which aren't allowed) of the inside of your mouth! Again, if you're that concerned and cannot listen to reason, then yes, see a doctor or dentist. Otherwise, rinse like people have said, stop poking around and let it heal!

FMP

epistore
20-06-22, 18:55

Several people have said to rinse and let it heal. You're not letting it go and engaging in extreme self examination behaviors and posting photos (which aren't allowed) of the inside of your mouth! Again, if you're that concerned and cannot listen to reason, then yes, see a doctor or dentist. Otherwise, rinse like people have said, stop poking around and let it heal!

FMP

thank you my anxiety after some time asleep is coming back. and just wanted a few words of help saying it's just a mouth ulcer

BlueIris
20-06-22, 19:21
I'm genuinely sorry you're having a rough time right now. However, it's never a good idea to show bits of yourself to random people on the Internet. Few to no people here will be able to give you any sort of informed opinion.

Also, others on the forum may be triggered by this or simply find it a bit gross.

You've been given good advice; take a breath and try to absorb it.

NoraB
21-06-22, 07:20
No one here is a doctor or dentist either. Just see a doctor if you're that concerned. Otherwise rinse with a salt solution (1pt water, 1 tbsp salt and 1tsp baking soda) and let the thing heal!FMP

Salt water does work wonders (I bit my tongue last week and within 24 hours of salt water swilling it was fine again) but if you're worried, see a doctor or a dentist..