PDA

View Full Version : Huge relapse

Kuraimoar
20-06-22, 18:27
I have had a wonderful year. Almost anxiety free and able to cope a lot better. However I am currently having a pretty bad relapse and I'm trying to get advice before I go all the way back down the rabbit hole.

Let me just say I am dealing with a lot of issues with my family right now so I know the root of the problem.

Last week I was driving home and my left foot felt like it wanted to seize up. I ended up hyper focusing on it and soon the left arm felt the same. This sent me into a massive panic attack like I hadn't had it years. The feeling went away about about 30-45 minutes but I was left feeling weird in all my limbs. Now I know I'm thinking about it all the time now but it keeps happening. It's like the left side of my body just feels off and causes instant panic response. Best way I can describe it is feeling like it wants to cramp or seize and feels like I have less control over it than my right side.

Has anyone had this before or have any advice on how to cope so I can get past this and back to recovery?

rc906
20-06-22, 21:12
I can't say that I've had this specific symptom but I have had this exact "minor symptom pops up, I focus on it, it keeps happening" pattern more times than I can count. This sounds like classic anxiety to me.

Biggest bit of advice I can give you is the most obvious one, DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, FOR ANY REASON, NO MATTER HOW BAD YOU WANT TO Google your symptom. Try to distract yourself if at all possible. Play video games, read a book, go for a walk, do whatever you like to do.

It really doesn't sound like anything to be concerned about, the body is full of weird sensations and those of us who have problems with health anxiety focus on them. Everything is going to be okay.

NoraB
21-06-22, 07:16
I have had a wonderful year. Almost anxiety free and able to cope a lot better.

Excellent!

Has anyone had this before or have any advice on how to cope so I can get past this and back to recovery?

You know why your HA has been triggered, so what did you do to get to a place of 'almost anxiety free'?