PDA

View Full Version : Medicine reaction or heart attack?

Foreverworried093
23-06-22, 01:31
Hello, I started a new stomach medicine called Protonix and 3 days into it on Monday, I had a really scary experience. Out of nowhere in the morning, I got vertigo and started to sweat and vomit, have chills. I was shaking and felt so tired. I could not keep fluids down for a few hours. I called my GP immediately, and he thought it was a reaction to the new medicine and he called in anti nausea pills. It subsided but i’m so freaked out by the event. My GP told me he does not think it is my heart, and there is no need for further testing. I am paranoid it was a heart attack. I am 29 and i’m on Metoprolol for heart palpitations, but do not have risk factors. Just under a lot of stress. I can’t stop worrying. I have pain on and off near my heart now. I don’t know if it’s anxiety or not. My cardiologist office does not return my calls. Any advice or reassurance would be appreciated. Thank you xx

Fishmanpa
23-06-22, 01:43
I think you know deep down you wouldn't be here seeking reassurance if you were truly having a heart attack ;)

FMP

Foreverworried093
23-06-22, 02:18
I know, i’m just really scared the incident on Monday was a heart attack. I never had anything random like that happen before :(

NoraB
24-06-22, 07:06
I know, i’m just really scared the incident on Monday was a heart attack. I never had anything random like that happen before :(

It wasn't 'random'. You were on new medication..