PDA

View Full Version : Grade 1/4 heart murmur and possible Mitral Valve Prolapse.

GadGirl
23-06-22, 17:12
Hello everyone, so as you know had health anxiety for years mostly related to heart. I already have been diagnosed with SVT and ectopic beats years ago. I have not been feeling to well recently and been having more ectopics etc so had an appointment with my old cardiologist. Today he told me ecg was fine but he hears a murmer and due to my ehlers Danlos syndrome he wants to get me an echo for MVP as it’s co morbid. Right now I’m just a mess, I spent years worrying with anxiety and now my biggest fear has come true and I really do have something wrong. Just feeling very upset and scared right now. Any support would be appreciated x

NoraB
24-06-22, 12:51
Hello everyone, so as you know had health anxiety for years mostly related to heart. I already have been diagnosed with SVT and ectopic beats years ago. I have not been feeling to well recently and been having more ectopics etc so had an appointment with my old cardiologist. Today he told me ecg was fine but he hears a murmer and due to my ehlers Danlos syndrome he wants to get me an echo for MVP as it’s co morbid. Right now I’m just a mess, I spent years worrying with anxiety and now my biggest fear has come true and I really do have something wrong. Just feeling very upset and scared right now. Any support would be appreciated x

The heart is probably the number one anxiety fear...

I know this is crap for you, and it's understandable that you will be anxious.

At the moment, you're simply going for tests. Your ECG was fine, so that's good. Your doctors are onto this so have some faith in them?

Try to keep as calm as you can. Lots of deep breathing and be kind to yourself..

GadGirl
24-06-22, 14:45
Thanks Nora, I’m just hoping it’s an innocent one, and not one of my valves deteriorating. I’m a little calmer than I was yesterday but of course still very much in the front of my head worrying. Not panicking though just very concerned.

NoraB
24-06-22, 14:49
Thanks Nora, I’m just hoping it’s an innocent one, and not one of my valves deteriorating. I’m a little calmer than I was yesterday but of course still very much in the front of my head worrying. Not panicking though just very concerned.

Concerned is normal. Anybody would be....

You're doing great GG.