PDA

View Full Version : Urine Color confusion......

Sharon123
29-06-22, 05:49
Super embarrassing 😳 but........

I have been feeling extremely tired and dehydrated lately. However whenever I went to the bathroom, my urine was always a clear color in the toilet bowl so I assumed that I was well hydrated. However today I needed to pee in a cup at the doctor's office and when I peed in the cup, the color was dark yellow. I am not sure which color to take as the truth. My doctor often remarks that I seem dehydrated. But I always just assumed that I was well hydrated because of the color being clear. Maybe it gets diluted when it hits the bowl, I don't know. It's confusing.....

NoraB
29-06-22, 06:50
Super embarrassing  but........

I have been feeling extremely tired and dehydrated lately. However whenever I went to the bathroom, my urine was always a clear color in the toilet bowl so I assumed that I was well hydrated. However today I needed to pee in a cup at the doctor's office and when I peed in the cup, the color was dark yellow. I am not sure which color to take as the truth. My doctor often remarks that I seem dehydrated. But I always just assumed that I was well hydrated because of the color being clear. Maybe it gets diluted when it hits the bowl, I don't know. It's confusing.....

You've answered your own question..

Obviously, peeing into water will dilute your urine giving it a lighter colour than it actually is and darker urine usually means that you just need to drink more water (dehydration)

Pkstracy
06-10-22, 23:59
if your urine is clear, you're over hydrated, it's actually a myth that clear pee means good, it's okay for your pee to be a light yellow, however really dark is a sign of dehydration.