PDA

View Full Version : Stomach issues abnormal blood test

C4nd1ce86
01-07-22, 14:45
I had a blood test Monday just gone due to stomach issues bloating constants trapped wind pain and constant burping and acid reflux. I call doctors yesterday receptionist said that result were in but a doctor hadn't reviewed them yet

I called today again at 2 receptionist told me that 3 tests came back normal and 3 have come back abnormal and the doctor wants a word with me and had booked me a doctors appointment via telephone for 11am on Monday.

I'm really freaking out was freaking out before I had test now I worried something is seriously wrong. Don't know how to cope

DebiJa77
01-07-22, 15:17
Hi there I'm kind of in the same boat myself so know exactly how ur feeling. Try and relax it could and probably will be something straightforward 👍
I swear I never want to get bloods done again this is too stressful for me!

C4nd1ce86
01-07-22, 15:48
I know the waiting is just as bad as the results ... have you had yours back yet ?

DebiJa77
01-07-22, 16:13
Yes I got mine back and I've to go back for more bloods as my alt level in my liver was slightly high.... In a normal person this wouldnt be a worry but omg I'm stressed and I'm not back til a week on Tuesday. Hope ur OK it's a horrible thing waiting 😔

C4nd1ce86
01-07-22, 16:21
I know what you mean in a normal person they would stress till they see the doxtor ....I'm okay ish I'm thinking the worse cancer etc and I don't even know what the results are but I just keep telling myself if it was really bad doctor would have called me back today

I'm just stressing because not 1 but 3 markers where abnormal. It's going to be a very long weekend waiting.

Good luck for next Tuesday

DebiJa77
01-07-22, 17:11
I know what you mean in a normal person they would stress till they see the doxtor ....I'm okay ish I'm thinking the worse cancer etc and I don't even know what the results are but I just keep telling myself if it was really bad doctor would have called me back today

I'm just stressing because not 1 but 3 markers where abnormal. It's going to be a very long weekend waiting.

Good luck for next Tuesday
Thank you 👍 and the same for you for Monday, please keep me posted. Positive thoughts 😊

C4nd1ce86
04-07-22, 12:02
Spoke and my alt level was elevated but doctor said it was better than my results when i had blood test and I had high inflammation marker but I had a skin infection which I'm taking antibiotics for .. I feel really silly now for worrying so much... let me know how you get on next Tuesday with yours :)

DebiJa77
04-07-22, 12:46
Spoke and my alt level was elevated but doctor said it was better than my results when i had blood test and I had high inflammation marker but I had a skin infection which I'm taking antibiotics for .. I feel really silly now for worrying so much... let me know how you get on next Tuesday with yours :)
Ah that's great news! So glad for you! You can relax now 👍😊

nhelen79
04-07-22, 18:40
Same boat. CBC supposed to be returned 24hrs and it’s more than 24hrs :( it’s July 4th so doctor is off. I’m sitting here freaking out.

My last CBC was just a month ago.anxiety sucks

Hope you feel better

DebiJa77
05-07-22, 17:58
Same boat. CBC supposed to be returned 24hrs and it’s more than 24hrs :( it’s July 4th so doctor is off. I’m sitting here freaking out.

My last CBC was just a month ago.anxiety sucks

Hope you feel better
It really does suck! I've wasted days of my life with panic and anxiety it's awful!
Hope you get your results soon

C4nd1ce86
08-07-22, 13:20
So back to doctor as severe pain nearly ended up in a&e turns out to be gastritis saw doctor she told me my inflammation marker was only slightly raised. Didn't seem concerned with getting me scanned just sent me off with omerpazole to take for a month so far had another 2 attacks. Waiting on results from stool test I did on Monday.. getting me down this pain is awful when it attacks and the ... I'm loosing weight as I'm too scared to eat much and I've lost my appetite.. just want to feel better.

How did you both get kn with your results?

DebiJa77
08-07-22, 14:05
So back to doctor as severe pain nearly ended up in a&e turns out to be gastritis saw doctor she told me my inflammation marker was only slightly raised. Didn't seem concerned with getting me scanned just sent me off with omerpazole to take for a month so far had another 2 attacks. Waiting on results from stool test I did on Monday.. getting me down this pain is awful when it attacks and the ... I'm loosing weight as I'm too scared to eat much and I've lost my appetite.. just want to feel better.

How did you both get kn with your results?
Ah I'm so sorry to hear your feeling so poorly!! Let's hope the omeprazole helps you!! Fingers crossed! I go for my bloods on Tues and hopefully get the results at end of the week, hoping for good news!

DebiJa77
15-07-22, 13:47
Hi just a wee update I got my liver function test results today and they are all now normal again! Frustrated and angry with myself for spending the last few weeks worrying myself sick!!

Scass
15-07-22, 19:52
I’m very pleased they are normal for you

C4nd1ce86
27-07-22, 16:40
Awesome news Debija77 please foenyou

smogie
27-07-22, 18:12
I am kind of in the same boat I had a bad anxiety attack around a month ago ended up seeing a nurse practitioner at a overflow surgery not at my own doctors she examined me listened to my heart bp ect and reassured me it was anxiety and not a heart attack however she recommended having my bloods done as haven’t had them done for about five years and I’m too scared to go and the doctors keep ringing me and leaving messages and I’m too scared to go hate being like this