PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know if thus bucket is toxic to skin?

JustBenn
12-07-22, 20:16
Hi, my shower is not working and I didn't have time for a bath. I used one of these buckets and filled it with water and used a jug to pour water on myself.

I know that there are toxic and non toxic chemicals in plastic, i am worried if I could get a skin condition after pouring water from there onto my skin? Conditions such as Vitiligo which is my long time fear, I am wondering if I should have a bath now to wash the chemicals off, someone put me out of my misery

This is the bucket

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/274844441183?mkevt=1&mkcid=1&mkrid=710-53481-19255-0&campid=5338345293&toolid=10029&customid=274844441183_2&_trkparms=ispr%3D1&amdata=enc%3A1GU-CrXYBQpqrykw2PSwc_Q39

Scass
12-07-22, 21:00
I can’t believe I clicked on that link to look at your bucket.
It may not be food grade, but it’s going to have passed certain health & safety tests to be sold to you.

JustBenn
12-07-22, 21:18
Thanks for commenting, if it's not food grade then i am assuming it's not for skin either

Scass
12-07-22, 21:34
Not necessarily, But I feel like you won’t rest anyway because you’ve convinced yourself you’ve done something dangerous, when I’ve never heard such a thing.

People use buckets of water to clean stuff every day, I’ve never heard of any of them getting skin problems (other than contact dermatitis) from them.

.Poppy.
12-07-22, 21:40
Your skin works really well to keep things outside of your body. There are lots of things that you aren't supposed to ingest that you can handle, just like there are lots of materials that may not be deemed "food safe" that are fine for skin contact. Swimming pools, for example, are not food safe but people still swim in them just fine.

Also, vitiligo is typically genetic and not at all harmful.

I just wanted to chime in to say in college I drank some pretty suspicious alcoholic drinks out of some pretty suspicious looking buckets. It probably wasn't wise, but I'm still here. :roflmao:

Fishmanpa
12-07-22, 22:28
someone put me out of my misery

Yeah, you've been in quite a spiral the last week. Strokes to lint and non-existent diseases to this. Hope you feel better soon!

FMP