PDA

View Full Version : Intense weight loss without trying.

GadGirl
17-07-22, 22:15
Hello everyone currently going through a bad very severe patch with my anxiety haven’t been like this in years but it’s been 4 months of just stress and the last 2 months of severe unrelenting anxiety everyday all day and panic attacks have came back. Just really struggling at the moment.

I am really trying to fight against the cancer thoughts or some other health problem thoughts as weight just seems to be falling off me. I weighed 11st 8lbs in March and now I’m 10st 8lbs and I’m not trying so getting really concerned. Can anxiety cause you too loose weight so quick.

nomorepanic
17-07-22, 23:43
You don't say what your diet has been like???

nomorepanic
17-07-22, 23:45
and that is only 1 stone in 4 months.

I have been unwell recently and lost 1.5 stone in 6 weeks

NoraB
18-07-22, 06:40
I am really trying to fight against the cancer thoughts or some other health problem thoughts as weight just seems to be falling off me. I weighed 11st 8lbs in March and now I’m 10st 8lbs and I’m not trying so getting really concerned. Can anxiety cause you too loose weight so quick.

I lost two stone due to anxiety (and within a relatively short period) I was also having daily (numerous) panic attacks - including nocturnal. With severe anxiety it's generally the case that appetite goes out the window because we're constantly in fight or flight mode (where appetite is naturally supressed because we're not meant to eat when we're in 'danger') this means that we can lose quite a lot of weight. Also, we use up a lot of energy with anxiety which also contributes to weight loss..

GadGirl
18-07-22, 08:21
I don’t have a bad diet if I’m honest, I usually have some porridge with banana in the morning, maybe some crackers with ham cheese and things like cucumber and tomato in the afternoon and dinner usually is things like omelette or spaghetti bolognaise. If I want to be logical and use my brain not my anxiety brain over the last few months I’m sometimes defo not hitting even 1200 calories a day. I am hungry because my stomach hurts and I get acid but can’t bring myself to eat sometimes and only eat one meal a day. That coupled with the anxiety and panic attacks etc is more than likely the reason I have lost weight. Sorry to hear you have been I’ll Nicola hope your starting to feel a little better now.

GadGirl
18-07-22, 08:24
Hi Nora, I’m sorry to hear that. I hope you are starting to feel better. Yeah my panic attacks have came back full force and having them pretty much daily again. Like I said to Nicola logical brain I’m not getting enough calories and the anxiety combo has made me lose the weight so fast it’s trying to challenge my anxiety brain and not let my thoughts consume me which right now is really hard.