PDA

View Full Version : Had a mini panic attack in the heat

shotta287
18-07-22, 19:27
So the media and the news have been going crazy about the hot weather and I’ll admit it was playing on my mind especially the heatstroke risk.

I left work today and as I walked out I felt like I couldn’t breathe because of how stuffy it was and how bright the sun was. Immediately my breathing became rapid and getting into my car just made it worse. Driving home was awful I just wanted to get in the house and out of the heat.

I have been feeling stressed lately so maybe that’s the overall cause but appreciate any support and tips.

.Poppy.
18-07-22, 19:39
I'm sorry, hot weather is really difficult, especially when you aren't accustomed to it.

Is your house nice a cool? Fans help, but so would putting cool cloths on your neck or your wrists. I find running cool water over my wrists is a quick way to cool me down- and cool things calm me as well- and it's a strategy I use when I'm walking to work in the heat and I need a quick cool before I go up to my office. So I just pop into the basement bathroom and do that for a minute and it helps a ton. Maybe not super helpful on the go unless you can carry a water bottle or a washcloth along.

Hang in there, it has to cool down sometime!

Anglo
07-09-23, 20:20
Hi shotta, how have you been managing?