PDA

View Full Version : Foot Itches in Same Spot

Hockeygirl55
21-07-22, 01:37
Trying to relax, but I stupidly googled 😢
My right foot, in the same spot/area, has been itching on and off. It’s not deep in my skin or anything like that. I scratch and it goes away, but always comes back at some point. Google is trying to convince me I have peripheral neuropathy or something, even though I have zero other symptoms. I just had bloodwork back at the end of November and everything was normal. Blood sugars 88, so no diabetes or anything like that. Please reply if you’ve had something similar because I’m starting to freak out. 😭

AntsyVee
21-07-22, 03:48
Problem: Dry skin. Answer: Lotion!

Hockeygirl55
21-07-22, 06:47
Problem: Dry skin. Answer: Lotion!

Even with it itching in the exact same spot?! Is this possible? 😭

Catkins
21-07-22, 17:36
Athletes foot? Eczema? Change in soap powder?

Hockeygirl55
21-07-22, 18:35
Athletes foot? Eczema? Change in soap powder?

Can these happen with no rush/bumps?

AntsyVee
22-07-22, 04:34
Even with it itching in the exact same spot?! Is this possible? 

Yes! Dry skin usually happens in the same spots over and over again. Example: elbows, knees

Hockeygirl55
22-07-22, 10:34
Yes! Dry skin usually happens in the same spots over and over again. Example: elbows, knees

Ahh!! Praying this is the case. It’s so annoying! I also hate Google lol 😭

The_Natural
22-07-22, 11:07
I want to be clear that I am not trying to make fun of you in any way, but this might be one of the most clear-cut examples of just how ridiculously unhelpful and terrible google is for us HA sufferers, and this example is particularly amusing.

Foot itches -> Google -> something potentially horrible.

Not to dismiss your fears or anything, but you are without a doubt completely fine and this is normal.

If I were you, I would write this down somewhere where you'll see it, maybe make a note on your phone, because I think this will be a scenario that you can look back on and point to as a moment of HA making you think ridiculous things.

Reminds me of the time I poked myself in the eye and then thought the eye pain meant I had brain cancer.

Hockeygirl55
22-07-22, 20:22
I want to be clear that I am not trying to make fun of you in any way, but this might be one of the most clear-cut examples of just how ridiculously unhelpful and terrible google is for us HA sufferers, and this example is particularly amusing.

Foot itches -> Google -> something potentially horrible.

Not to dismiss your fears or anything, but you are without a doubt completely fine and this is normal.

If I were you, I would write this down somewhere where you'll see it, maybe make a note on your phone, because I think this will be a scenario that you can look back on and point to as a moment of HA making you think ridiculous things.

Reminds me of the time I poked myself in the eye and then thought the eye pain meant I had brain cancer.

Lol! Your eye comment made me laugh. Thank you for replying! I’m trying to be rational for sure, but it’s bothersome that it’s in the same spot every time! So weird to me! Staying off of google lol.

Pepperpot
23-07-22, 00:33
Haha the eye comment made me laugh too :)
Seriously though, you are now focusing on that same spot being itchy which is heightening your anxiety and making you think all kinds of sorcery. Get it scratched and get some dry skin cream on :)

X

Hockeygirl55
23-07-22, 03:28
Haha the eye comment made me laugh too :)
Seriously though, you are now focusing on that same spot being itchy which is heightening your anxiety and making you think all kinds of sorcery. Get it scratched and get some dry skin cream on :)

X

Thank you!! I’m putting lotion on my feet more frequently now (I’ve been awful with moisturizing!)

Hockeygirl55
03-08-22, 03:14
Ugh. I hate google so much. I can’t get it all out of my head, thinking it’s a brain tumor or something making a nerve in my foot misfire, which is causing the itching. 😭😭😭😭 the itch is still here, I only notice it when I’m sitting, never when I’m walking. I’m scared.

ivana1592
10-08-22, 21:20
Hello. I have the itch at one same spot for more than a month. It is on the back above tailbone. How are you doing?

Hockeygirl55
11-08-22, 00:23
Update: seems like this may be neurodermatitis…. Brought on by stress/anxiety. Still no rash cause I’ve been avoiding scratching as much as possible, but it fits the bill for the most part. Praying this is all it is!

Hockeygirl55
11-08-22, 00:36
Hello. I have the itch at one same spot for more than a month. It is on the back above tailbone. How are you doing?

Thanks for replying!! Still dealing with the same itch. Does yours feel like a tickle sometimes? Does it get worse with scratching? Do you have a rash? I have no rash…

Hockeygirl55
11-08-22, 02:14
Freaking out again, thinking it’s lymphoma bc I read a symptom of it can be itching in the foot. 😔 I’m freaking out. I don’t have any swollen/big lymph nodes that I’m aware of. On verge of a panic attack. Can you even have lymphoma without swollen nodes?? I’m so over this!