PDA

View Full Version : Can’t see a way out

smogie
24-07-22, 08:29
Got a few issues going on and starting to feel out of control had a bad period of anxiety over a routine mammogram which was fine but since then my anxiety has remained high I wake up every morning feeling awful and that something bad is going to happen I’ve started having panic attacks again which I haven’t had for quite a while my medication was changed from escitalopram to sertraline because I was feeling a bit flat and recently had it doubled to 100mg when I had a really bad panic attack thinking I was having a heart attack but I don’t think it’s made any difference the doctor suggested some routine blood tests and I just can’t face going for them because I’m convinced they will show something awful I’ve also lost a little bit of weight which is worrying me my head feels like it’s going to explode please can anyone give me some advice

smogie
25-07-22, 08:44
Thanks everyone

BlueIris
25-07-22, 09:01
Sorry you didn't get a response. I'm guessing it's just that people are off doing things in summer.

What coping strategies are you using? Are you in therapy right now?

smogie
25-07-22, 16:02
Thankyou yes I’m currently having cbt but unfortunately it hasn’t worked for me in the past i have so much going on that I think my coping strategy is to not give myself time to think but it’s there every morning when I wake up I’ve started avoiding going places on my own feels like a slippery slope

BlueIris
25-07-22, 16:04
It is. Is it worth speaking to your GP about other sorts of therapy that may be available?

smogie
25-07-22, 19:14
I did speak to her but she said all therapy goes through talking changes which is who I’m using it’s up to them to decide what route the therapy takes