PDA

View Full Version : Citalopram 20-40mg

28-07-22, 11:52
Hi. Has anyone gone from 20-40mg of citalopram? I have left the family home and I am struggling massively with panic disorder, anxiety and panic on 20 mg normally in tact. I have propananol also now to take which is not that useful. GP also prescribed 1 weeks worth of diazepam for sleep.

nomorepanic
28-07-22, 13:31
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

28-07-22, 15:14
Thanks

panic_down_under
29-07-22, 09:47
Hi. Has anyone gone from 20-40mg of citalopram? I have left the family home and I am struggling massively with panic disorder, anxiety and panic on 20 mg normally in tact.

Increasing the dose is likely to work. I suggest you only up it to 30mg for the first two weeks rather than jumping straight to 40mg, but okay it with your GP first.

I have propananol also now to take which is not that useful.

While propranolol can block the flight-or-fight adrenaline surge of panic attacks it doesn't do much to quell anxiety manifesting within the brain. It can be all some need, but as you've discovered it isn't enough for everyone.

GP also prescribed 1 weeks worth of diazepam for sleep.

The benzodiazepines are not good sleeping pills as tolerance to the sedation often builds within a few weeks. If the insomnia continues small doses - 7.5-15mg - of mirtazapine would be a better option, imho.