PDA

View Full Version : Terrified, ANA test came back positive

christy67
30-07-22, 23:22
Can someone talk me off the edge? Been experiencing joint pain, in hands wrists and feet. Rheumatoid factor is normal but ANA mildly positive. The rest of my blood is good. See a Rheumatologist next week and terrified of scary autoimmune.

Enoughalready!
31-07-22, 05:08
I had this happen several years ago and I was scared out of my mind because I had a positive ANA. I completely understand your fear. In my case nothing else was positive (including RF) and I never was diagnosed with anything. Anyway, I wanted to tell you that I’m still a-ok. :)

christy67
31-07-22, 14:44
Thank you. I do have symptoms so I’m a little worried.

christy67
31-07-22, 14:45
Thank you. I do have symptoms so I’m a little worried.

Enoughalready!
31-07-22, 20:35
Me too! I just didn’t meet the criteria for anything in particular. What helped me was learning about autoimmune diseases and finding that they’re pretty manageable overall.
Best of luck

christy67
31-07-22, 21:41
Me too! I just didn’t meet the criteria for anything in particular. What helped me was learning about autoimmune diseases and finding that they’re pretty manageable overall.
Best of luck

From my understanding you have to score high on one of the antibody categories to test positive. I was mildly high on one. My doctor referred me to rheumatologist.

Can you tell me details of what happens after you tested positive?

Thanks!

Enoughalready!
01-08-22, 03:41
In my case, RA was the only potential diagnosis and my RF was normal so nothing more was pursued. I’m not exactly sure how testing for other autoimmune diagnoses are.

christy67
01-08-22, 22:53
In my case, RA was the only potential diagnosis and my RF was normal so nothing more was pursued. I’m not exactly sure how testing for other autoimmune diagnoses are.
I went in abut RA too and my RA factor was normal but ANA positive so she send me to Rheum and now I’m being retested again with more sensitive testing. Ugh