PDA

View Full Version : My oxygen levels

sck
15-08-22, 16:06
I'm in a spiral. I have developed an obsession with my oximeter! My pulse is not my concern. My o2 levels are. During covid and during panics my o2 has always been 98/99. This last week its been 96, even 95 at one point. I'm convinced something awful is wrong. I saw my doctor this morning. She also got a reading of 96 ... pulse/BP and listened to my chest were all perfect. I asked her about the o2 level and she said she wasn't concerned at all that it's in normal range .... but it's not MY normal so I am in complete melt down. My breathing feels off too although I know panic can do this.

Any thoughts

BlueIris
15-08-22, 16:11
Why are you using an oximeter?

sck
15-08-22, 16:14
Why are you using an oximeter?

I had covid around 6 months ago and I stupidly thought having one would keep me calm during it! It did, but now it's become an obsession.

BlueIris
15-08-22, 16:18
I know you're not about to do this, but you should just bin it, or get someone close to you to bin it for you.

NoraB
15-08-22, 17:11
I'm in a spiral. I have developed an obsession with my oximeter! My pulse is not my concern. My o2 levels are. During covid and during panics my o2 has always been 98/99. This last week its been 96, even 95 at one point. I'm convinced something awful is wrong. I saw my doctor this morning. She also got a reading of 96 ... pulse/BP and listened to my chest were all perfect. I asked her about the o2 level and she said she wasn't concerned at all that it's in normal range .... but it's not MY normal so I am in complete melt down. My breathing feels off too although I know panic can do this.

Any thoughts

Bin that sucka!

sck
15-08-22, 17:22
Agree with you all but with a 96 reading I'm too concerned

Catkins
15-08-22, 17:55
96 is not a level to be concerned about. Oxygen levels vary dependant on what you have been/are doing. Chuck it in the bin.