PDA

View Full Version : New here but not new to HA; pancreatic cancer worries

lilyem23
15-08-22, 17:06
Hi, I have had HA for many years (56F); I also have IBS, occasional gastritis, migraines, benign fasciculations, and costochondritis. Yet I consider myself pretty healthy lol.

Several times in the last month, I've awakened at night with burning back pain, mid- back, just above my waistline. This is coinciding with a costochondritis flare, so I have been sleeping flat on my back as much as possible. However, this pain is lower than the between-shoulder- blade pain I often experience with the costo. I'm also having stomach issues lately-- bloating, discomfort, some constipation. The burning back pain seems to coincide with the stomach discomfort. Today the back pain has persisted into the morning and is still kind of bugging me.

I could not get an appointment with my GP, but was able to get an appointment with the nurse practitioner-- however, it's not until September 8.

When I first was diagnosed with costo about 15 months ago, I had an abdominal ultrasound to rule out gall bladder issues--all clear for gall bladder, pancreas, liver at that time. Also had an abdominal/pelvic CT scan 2 years ago when I had severe unexplained abdominal pain. It too was clear (not sure how pancreatic cancer takes to grow, maybe that's too long ago to matter). I had a routine colonoscopy and endoscopy last November (i was due for the colonoscopy but also was experiencing terrible stomach issues at the time, so they did the endoscopy as well)--both fine.

But the back pain is new/different and freaking me out. Other than the stomach/abdominal issues above, I have no other symptoms. Except fatigue and malaise, but I'm not sleeping well and I usually have fatigue/malaise when my anxiety is high.

I'm mostly just disgusted with myself and sick and tired of HA, but I'm also worried and I really want this pain to go away. Thanks for listening.

Morgan24
01-09-24, 13:58
Hey Lilyem23, sorry no one seems to have replied to you at the time. I'm kind of having some similar issues going on with lower back pain. Did you ever sort the problem out ?