PDA

View Full Version : New here but not new to HA; pancreatic cancer worries

lilyem23
15-08-22, 17:06
Hi, I have had HA for many years (56F); I also have IBS, occasional gastritis, migraines, benign fasciculations, and costochondritis. Yet I consider myself pretty healthy lol.

Several times in the last month, I've awakened at night with burning back pain, mid- back, just above my waistline. This is coinciding with a costochondritis flare, so I have been sleeping flat on my back as much as possible. However, this pain is lower than the between-shoulder- blade pain I often experience with the costo. I'm also having stomach issues lately-- bloating, discomfort, some constipation. The burning back pain seems to coincide with the stomach discomfort. Today the back pain has persisted into the morning and is still kind of bugging me.

I could not get an appointment with my GP, but was able to get an appointment with the nurse practitioner-- however, it's not until September 8.

When I first was diagnosed with costo about 15 months ago, I had an abdominal ultrasound to rule out gall bladder issues--all clear for gall bladder, pancreas, liver at that time. Also had an abdominal/pelvic CT scan 2 years ago when I had severe unexplained abdominal pain. It too was clear (not sure how pancreatic cancer takes to grow, maybe that's too long ago to matter). I had a routine colonoscopy and endoscopy last November (i was due for the colonoscopy but also was experiencing terrible stomach issues at the time, so they did the endoscopy as well)--both fine.

But the back pain is new/different and freaking me out. Other than the stomach/abdominal issues above, I have no other symptoms. Except fatigue and malaise, but I'm not sleeping well and I usually have fatigue/malaise when my anxiety is high.

I'm mostly just disgusted with myself and sick and tired of HA, but I'm also worried and I really want this pain to go away. Thanks for listening.