PDA

View Full Version : Well this is new!!!!

smogie
19-08-22, 21:33
Not sure if posting in right place and have never ever posted anything like this before but I feel ok!!! I changed from sertraline to a very low dose of escitalopram had some good blood test results a weeks blood pressure monitor which also came back normal having some cbt and I found myself singing along to the radio today and looking forward to the weekend I feel the best I have in a very long time but still the niggling voice is there telling me it’s a false sense of security and that it won’t last! My therapist did say that escitalopram is a much kinder drug than sertraline? Any views?

Phill2
20-08-22, 00:26
Lexapro is much kinder drug than sert for sure.
I cross tapered from sert to Lexapro with no probs.

smogie
21-08-22, 21:12
I really have felt so different in just three weeks long may it last

Iwant2bhealthy
21-08-22, 22:54
I really have felt so different in just three weeks long may it lastI had the same experience.

As we all mentioned: taking escitalopram will first make you feel worse before it will make you feel better.
Congratulations and good luck on your road to recovery :)

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

pulisa
22-08-22, 08:06
That's really good news..I'm on a very low dose of escitalopram which suits me. No reason why you're on "borrowed time" with this mood uplift. Things are going in your favour, your test results are good and therapy is helping. We all have days which are not so good though..It's normal. It doesn't mean that you're "slipping back".

Thanks for adding some positive news to your "story"..There's so much negativity on here in general.