PDA

View Full Version : Cyst in neck

fma11122341
21-08-22, 02:43
So a few weeks back I felt this bump on the side of my neck.(you have to dig to fell it, or have my head turned to the side all the way) its soft and what not and not in the lympnyod chain. I hade a emt friend take a look at it and she couldn't find it till I did summer salts (lol) she said it was hard to even notice and was probably just a cyst and not to worry about it. So i forgot about it for a few week till the other day on my walk I was just feeling my neck fixing my air pods and I remembered the bump, I felt it again and it was no bigger 3 weeks latter. But the anxiety surrounding returned and I constantly started to play with it. Today I was on my walk again just thinking about it, and I thought to myself. What if its a vascular tumor? I hade a panic attack and looked them up and found something call epithelioid hemangioendothelioma and my blood ran cold. Now my brain is in a constant state of what if..I can't go to the doctors for at least a week, so I'm freaking out pretty bad.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Fishmanpa
21-08-22, 13:00
Here's the thing.... Extreme odd self-examination followed by googling and here you are. Who actually turns their head all the way to the side and dig to find a lump or bump (which is just a normal part of your anatomy)? Why would you be doing this in the first place? An EMT couldn't even feel it when it was pointed out for goodness sakes! What you're describing is pure and simple HA behavior and the consequences.

FMP

fma11122341
25-08-22, 01:38
You think it belongs there? Why can't I find somthing similar on the other side if that was that case? I apologize if i sound a bit crazy. Its just been eating at me for a while.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Carys
25-08-22, 14:30
If it hasn't changed and a friend (not sure what EMT is, but presuming something medical ?) has said its literally nothing to worry about and barely noticeable anyway - it could have been there for years without you knowing. I found a small lump on the left of my neck a few months ago (it can be seen without any checking at all), but I am prone to small lumps appearing indefinitely after some insect bites, and small fatty nodules here and there. I have monitored mine, it hasn't changed and therefore, all is good :)