PDA

View Full Version : Some day I’ll have rational thinking

Kate1970
31-08-22, 13:55
Hiya, not a massive poster but regular lurker!
I’m in a rat hole again and struggling to get myself out, I just wish I could have a rational thinking mind rather than such a pessimistic one! Kids driving- might crash, acid reflux- stomach cancer, feeding the calves- might feed the wrong milk water ratio, find a lump or bump - clearly something sinister it’s bloody exhausting!
I’ve decided to start a diary put down my irrational thoughts in one column and what I think a rational mind would think in the other not sure if it will be of any use but going to give it a go.
How do you guys all rationalise? Any tips appreciated!

NoraB
31-08-22, 14:15
I just wish I could have a rational thinking mind rather than such a pessimistic one! Kids driving- might crash, acid reflux- stomach cancer, feeding the calves- might feed the wrong milk water ratio, find a lump or bump - clearly something sinister it’s bloody exhausting!

If this helps anyway, yesterday my autistic son walked round his mate's house for the first time on his own (he's 13). The walk takes about ten minutes and in that those ten minutes, my mind had him knocked down by a car, bus, lorry, and a mobile scooter. I envisioned him beaten up by thugs, getting lost, being abducted by perverts (or aliens). I was hyperventilating with my finger hovering over the number 9 on my phone when his 'Hi Mum, I'm here' text came through. :whistles:

These thoughts are pretty tame for my standards and if I was to write down the ones that aren't, I would probably be arrested, thrown into jail (no need for the court case) where I would become Big Julie's b1itch. You get me?

I have OCD so my thoughts veer off into funky town more often than not. That said, I have learned how to challenge my HA thoughts more effectively, and this has led to some improvements with my OCD in general. (But yesterday was not one of my better days) :unsure:

It is exhausting having a brain that overthinks the living shit out of everything eh?

You're not alone.