PDA

View Full Version : Skin feels tight, clammy, cold

Twisted-Melody
02-09-22, 15:39
Hello. I’m having some new symptoms at the moment which are scaring me a little. Summer is notoriously bad for my skin anxiety (mole checking etc) and now I seem to have developed sensitive skin on my stomach and chin.

My chin feels cold/ wet when i take a walk in the cool morning air. I think it’s the change from feeling hot all night to being outside. It comes on about 5mins after going out and then slowly disappears, though since then, the whole left side of my face feels slightly numb/ different… Can’t quite explain it but it feels psychological. I’ve been going for regular dental cleaning for gum disease and thinking this could be causing nerve problems in my face/ jaw. Everything seemed to be going well, but now one tooth seems to have more gum around it than the others. It isn’t red or in pain, so I don’t think it’s serious…but my next appointment is in November so unless it gets worse, I thought I’d wait until then to ask.

Anyway the other weird thing is my stomach’s skin has felt kinda spotty and odd all summer. I actually ended up picking at an odd spot/ ingrown hair or something last week and got slightly infected. I can’t seem to curb the skin picking… But I haven’t sunbathed all summer and nothing looks really ominous or anything, though I’m still freaking out.

Now, last year I actually had a mole removed in the area that now feels tight/sensitive, slightly right of where I picked last week, over where my gallbladder is (something I have problems with and worry about cancer). The mole was dysplastic but the doctor said they removed all the bad cells. Still, it’s been on my mind and I still check the scar a lot.

Is this all anxiety, or do you think there’s a problem with my skin/ nerves? Maybe the bad cells weren’t all caught? Maybe my gallbladder is cancerous? Is my tooth infected? I actually have a new mattress and it’s really firm, giving me a lot of pain every morning (we may send it back) and part of me wonders if it’s twisting my spine and causing these problems or something?

It feels silly typing these worries out, but these have been the illogical thoughts nagging me for weeks 😩 I saw the cold chin thing in another post on here, but don’t really know how long it will take to go away. Anyway, please let me know what you think.