PDA

View Full Version : Abdominal tenderness and stress

nhelen79
03-09-22, 04:54
Hi all
This week I was so stressed out and my bloating/soft stool and heart palpitations all come back. 2 days ago I feel tenderness when I pressed around my stomach. I went to the ER today. After blood tests, abdominal x-ray, they let me go because everything is “fine”. They told me they checked out the major organ issues like liver/pancreas/kidney/appendix/UTI/blockage. They said come back if severe pain or blood in urine/stool. Else follow up with primary care doctor.

This evening I still feel that tenderness when I poke around. They prescribed me some pain killer/something to help with gas. The issue is my primary doctor appt is next Wednesday and it’s holiday weekend in the US. I can’t make a gynecologist appt sooner neither.

Can stress cause such physical symptoms? My husband said the hospital already checked you out. However, my mind is still racing with the worse things.

My last pelvic scan, colonoscopy, endotrimenal?? Scans were in 2020 and that were ok too.

Thanks all

pulisa
03-09-22, 07:51
The hospital HAS checked you out so your husband is right. He is trying to help you. Gas can put pressure on the abdomen and stomach and if you press around it's very normal to feel some tenderness/discomfort.

What "worse things" are you ruminating about? (I can guess) You've had so many tests recently which have all come back as normal. I take it you are worried about gynae issues but this all sounds very "routine" with anxiety.

Are you having help to manage your HA?

nhelen79
04-09-22, 01:51
The hospital HAS checked you out so your husband is right. He is trying to help you. Gas can put pressure on the abdomen and stomach and if you press around it's very normal to feel some tenderness/discomfort.

What "worse things" are you ruminating about? (I can guess) You've had so many tests recently which have all come back as normal. I take it you are worried about gynae issues but this all sounds very "routine" with anxiety.

Are you having help to manage your HA?

Hi pulisa
I’m anxious because the symptoms are real. I don’t know why the hospital didn’t give me an ultrasound instead of an abdominal X-ray and sent me away because my blood tests are normal according to the PA. Yeah, now My anxiety is questioning the doctor at ER that they didn’t do enough tests. 😩 if something is major wrong, the blood tests will show right?

I will try take the med he prescribed and if I don’t feel any better tomorrow, I will have to go back to the ER and ask for an ultrasound.

I have scheduled counseling again for my anxiety.