PDA

View Full Version : Daughter got dizzy & sick and lips turned blue

BrokenGirl
03-09-22, 14:45
Hi everyone, I hate coming back again looking for advice but I'm having a tough time lately. Anxiety is very high and I'm just exhausted.
Earlier today my 14 year old daughter suddenly got very dizzy. She got a small bit sick and the dizziness lasted about 10 to 15 minutes. She went very pale, even her arms, but her lips turned blue as well. That's the bit that's freaking me out the most. I know there are so many things that can cause a person to get dizzy but is it normal that lips would turn blue during it? And they definitely were blue, not just pale. My husband was there when it happened and he saw it too. I'm trying not to worry but it's easier said than done.

Iwant2bhealthy
03-09-22, 15:56
Sadly, I don't have an advice for you. May I ask how were her MRI results from the last health issues?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Carys
03-09-22, 16:36
This is a medical question, we can't possibly advise on this - you need to call out of hours GP. Saying that it is possible it was a faint that wasn't treated properly/recognised and allowed to continue without intervention, as those symptoms would match but she didn't quite get to the 'falling over' stage (lying down legs raised, drink some water etc) - but my opinion is not one to rely on especially in the case of a child and only someone talking to you/checking her who is a Dr would know. I think you should ring and get advice as I stated at the start.

May I ask how were her MRI results from the last health issues?

I'm interested in that too.

BrokenGirl
11-09-22, 21:11
I forgot to come back and update this post last week.
After that episode with my daughter she felt fine again, back to her normal self. I know you recommended ringing the GP Carys but I said it to my husband and asked him what did he think. His advice was to leave it, there is no need to ring any doctor. Not when it just happened once. So I decided to go with his advice. He doesn't have HA and I know I have gone running to the doctor so many times over the years when I shouldn't have.
I'll leave it for now and keep an eye on her. But obviously if anything like that happens again I'll be ringing the doctor straight away. .

And to answer your question about her MRI results, thankfully everything came back clear. Her whole pelvic area was scanned and nothing showed up on it. It was a great relief when the MRI was clear but she still has that awful pain, especially when she sits. It can make life so difficult for her at times but bless her she rarely complains about it.