PDA

View Full Version : Worried about low heart rate

ethan2003
04-09-22, 23:09
I'll start off by stating that I'm an 18 yr old male who weighs roughly 330lbs (23st), at a height of 6' 0".

I was prescribed 80mg of propranolol to be taken as an when needed, due to severe health anxiety.

I hadn't taken any propranolol over the past few weeks due to running out, and it wasn't on repeat prescription. I noticed my heart rate soaring any time I ate food, or stood up - which I went to the doctor about and she basically shrugged it off and called it anxiety. So I asked my uncle if I could borrow some of his propranolol to lower down my heart rate - which it has done.

However, my anxiety has recently gotten worse, and today I decided that I'd try my Mother's citalopram to see if it would help me. I haven't been prescribed this, and I definitely should've asked the doctor first.

Since I've taken 40mg of propranolol today around 10am, and 20mg of citalopram at 8pm today, my heart rate has been abnormally low for me. It will stay between 60-68bpm, which is super low since I'm used to around 75-90 even on just the propranolol.

I also have sleep apnoea, which causes my BPM to go down between 42-58 throughout sleeping. Keeping in mind it goes that low with an average resting heart rate of 75-90 throughout the day, I'm now worried that it will go TOO low.

I feel relatively good at the minute, but the low heart rate is worrying me. Do I just wait it out and not go sleep, or what? I'm totally freaking out right now.

ethan2003
04-09-22, 23:26
I'll add that in my current state I actually feel much better anxiety wise, since I took the citalopram. Which is ironic since I'm on a panic forum. I don't feel dizzy or too tired (just naturally tired). Just worried that when I go to sleep it'll drop more than it should.

Fishmanpa
05-09-22, 00:15
Worried about a totally normal resting heart rate?

FMP