PDA

View Full Version : Trails in vision

Pbnjelly
05-09-22, 00:46
About a month ago, I woke up in the middle of the night and moved my arm to turn over and noticed a very obvious ghostly trail following my arm. Of course after this I continued moving it over and over and in different directions and the trail continued to follow my arm/hand. Once I went into the light it stopped. I stressed about it for the day, tried to ignore it and go on with life.
4 days ago it happened again. Every time I woke up during the night and moved my arm and hand I saw the trialing again. And now every night and morning since. Every time I wake up and move my hands or even my phone I get a very obvious trail behind it. Once my eyes adjust to the light it stops. (Might I add, if I focus on my arm moving, I don’t see it. But if I focus on the wall or ceiling behind my arm, that is where I see it)
When googling this all that seems to come up is something called illusory Palinopsia. When I see other people describe this after a drug trip or taking hallucinogens and posting videos of what it looks like, it looks the same as what I’m seeing (I’ve never done a drug in my life, but it looks like what people describe as “tracers”). Does anyone else experience this? I’ve been making myself sick over it and can’t get an appointment with my doctor for 4 weeks. I’m so afraid that something is wrong with my brain

eevee
05-09-22, 04:12
I have this. I think I made a thread about it a few years ago when it started. I still don’t know what’s causing it but it seems to be more apparent when I’m tired and when my hand is over dark background. I have my eyes checked since then and they were fine. I found a forum before where a bunch of people also experienced the same thing, though unfortunately they also didn’t know what’s causing it. It’s been a few years so it’s not bothering as much now, but it’s still there :/

Pbnjelly
05-09-22, 14:24
I have this. I think I made a thread about it a few years ago when it started. I still don’t know what’s causing it but it seems to be more apparent when I’m tired and when my hand is over dark background. I have my eyes checked since then and they were fine. I found a forum before where a bunch of people also experienced the same thing, though unfortunately they also didn’t know what’s causing it. It’s been a few years so it’s not bothering as much now, but it’s still there :/

Thank you for responding! Its comforting to know that other people have the same visual disturbances! It’s just so strange. Did it ever get worse for you? Did you ever start seeing it during the day or in other conditions? I feel crazy trying to explain what I see to people. I’m so worried something could be wrong with my brain

eevee
05-09-22, 15:30
Glad to help! It drove me crazy too because it was difficult to find other people who had the same thing as me back then and I was very worried. The way I describe it.. a delayed ghostly trail following my hand.

I’d say it happens during the day too, but when the lights are dim. So I guess it’s kinda always present it just depends on the lighting and if the background is darker color.