PDA

View Full Version : Vertigo

Sparkling_Fairy
05-09-22, 16:01
Hi all,

I'm currently experiencing on and off vertigo throughout the day, and it's freaking me out!
I very often get spells of my eyes feeling really tired. I always call it my dizziness but it's not really dizzy, it's like my eyes are too slow to pick up changes in my environment and typically resting them for about 20 minutes clears it up.

However this morning I was sitting on the couch on a work call, and after the call ended I felt real vertigo. And also the really tired feeling behind my eyes. So I decided to go lie down for a bit, but when I got up I had really bad vertigo. It lasted about a minute and then went away.
But I still felt really tired so I decided to go take a proper nap and went to bed for like an hour, and again when I got up I had bad vertigo that lasted about 20 seconds.
And since then it's been on and off. And that incredibly tired feeling behind my eyes is still there. It's like all I want to do is sleep, but I then get vertigo.

I am aware it could be BPPV because it seems to get worse when I'm sitting up and I move my head certain ways, but it didn't start after lying down. It initially started with me sitting on the couch. And I just feel so tired behind my eyes.

Any suggestions?

glassgirlw
07-09-22, 03:49
I’ve had BPPV attacks start when I’m sitting at the kitchen table drinking my morning coffee, or sitting at my desk at work. I’ve never had one start when I’m laying down. They’re more triggered by head positions than body positions. I will say if you’ve not been actually diagnosed with BPPV then you should get checked out just to be safe.