PDA

View Full Version : Red/pink vomit, worried it's blood

DCliving
06-09-22, 14:24
Hi - need some re-assurance/advice. This morning I woke up to really bad heartburn (stupidly had chips and salsa and a quesadilla late last night), took some pepto bismol and went back to sleep. Woke up, wretched, and vomited a bit in my sink; sorry for TMI. Was very scared because it was all a bright red/pinkish color. Worth noting that I also had some fruit punch flavored water before bed and in the morning (that powder you put into water to make it taste better).

Even though I think the color may be due to the red liquid/pepto I'm really scared it was blood and that there's a serious issue. I do feel a bit better physically, but can about provide advice?

kyllikki
06-09-22, 14:36
Obligatory reply: http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2010/02/boyfriend-doesnt-have-ebola-probably.html

DCliving
06-09-22, 14:39
Thanks! For some reason, anything related to bleeding freaks me out and makes me think there could be a serious problem I figure if I actually vomited blood I'd be feeling pretty awful right now (all better except for some light indigestion/heartburn)