PDA

View Full Version : You can get better

RoseEve
07-09-22, 01:36
Hi everyone. I just spent close to an hour looking up my past threads. I can see how my health anxiety improved over the years. At first I was so deep in the hole I couldn’t even see the light. It took a long time and a lot of work but I pulled myself out. Am I completely cured? No, of course not. Having anxiety is part of being human. This past week for example I got this strange feeling in my finger. I panicked a little but realized it’s probably anxiety. Still I was fixated on it. Then I started having other “symptoms”. Fearing more and more. Sometimes the voice of anxiety is so loud it’s deafening. I have learned to change the way I respond to it. I have to let it ride itself out. The less attention I give it the less power it has. Every time I slip it’s easier for me to pull myself out. I just wanted to share this with all of you. I’m going to try to be more present on this site. Now that I’m better I want to help others. Please know there is hope! For those of you that remember me, my son is now 10 and doing exceptionally well. My husband and I reconciled and we had another son who is now 5. Thank you to everyone that has helped me!

NoraB
09-09-22, 04:10
I want to give this post some love..

Well done on controlling your health anxiety. You're doing the work and it's paying off.

And good on you for sharing this so that others can understand that there's hope and they don't have to be stuck down that hole forever.

Nice work, Rose. :shades:

RoseEve
10-09-22, 14:12
Thank you Nora!

sel123
10-09-22, 14:50
Thank you for sharing your story!

LF87
11-09-22, 00:54
Well done! So good to read.
I also spent about 5 years with my life on hold convinced of various illnesses. I just passed my driving test and got a job. Never would have thought I could do it.
Thanks for sharing, and hope this inspires others xx

Carnation
11-09-22, 01:03
Thank you for sharing your story

Scass
11-09-22, 22:20
Thank you for sharing. Glad you’re all doing well xxx