PDA

View Full Version : Heart flutter and strong thuds

Emilychazza98
09-09-22, 15:20
Must be a couple of years now I get the occasional heart fluttering that takes my breath, or atleast makes me that distracting I pause to feel the sensation.

A couple of times this week, I have been busy at work and all of a sudden a strong thud in my chest which makes me feel funny, not dizzy but like something is wrong.

Today was the worst, I had just come in to start my shift, have to walk up a flight of stairs, and THUD. Then I ended up in panic and wanted to leave.

Are these serious? The flutters are terrifying but these random thuds just make me think I’m about to drop dead. I’m also terrified of them not stopping and having continuous flutters/thuds.

Dee62
09-09-22, 16:02
Back in June (after I'd had covid) my anxiety came back with a vengeance. My heart pounds and my whole body feels like it's pulsating, but it's like irregular and that really frightens me. It can go from 80 to well over 100 in a couple of beats then down again, just all over the place. It's making me feel so unhappy. It happens to a lesser degree most days. It's happened today, about 3 hours ago, and I took 2mg diazepam, which I've not taken for two weeks and thought I was doing so well.
My Dr referred me for a 7 day holter monitor, but a couple of weeks ago the hospital hadn't received her request and they told me that even when they have it, it will be a few months before it's done. We're looking at having it done privately, without a Dr referral.
I know how frightening it can be.

Dee

Whizz
23-09-22, 11:29
Best thing to do is see your GP. He will either says, it's fine, put you on an ECG so show you it's fine or give you a 24hr tape.

I've had these many years, I get runs of palps with big thuds so I'd fear not and see your GP as I'm sure he'll say it's all good.