PDA

View Full Version : Newly blanking on words -- concerning me heavily

vid
11-09-22, 04:37
Hello

I'm a college student studying CS. When I first started college and moved away from home I would blank on words as I would think to myself. For ex I'd think "Today I will go to the ... " and not be able to think of the right word for what I was thinking. It stopped after a month. Now I started a new year of college and the same thing is happening again. This time there were also instances of it happening as I was talking to another person. I've also been getting less sleep so that probably doesn't help either

I obviously went down the google rabbit hole, even though I know it's bad and now I'm worried I might have Alzheimer's or have a brain tumor. It doesn't help that I met someone, through a club, who did have a brain tumor.

I'm not sure what to do, but I'm very stressed and I'm sure my stress is making things worse.

Catkins
11-09-22, 09:50
I do this when I'm stressed, anxious or just exhausted. I completely mixed up a word last night for something else, my husband thought it was hilarious - I was just tired.

Try and get more rest, have a look at doing some relaxation techniques and see how that goes.