PDA

View Full Version : For Ladies. Breast pain

Beckybecks
12-09-22, 11:18
I have HA so often have various symptoms. But this one is concerning me.
I've had a few weeks of high anxiety and I do get chest pain which has been diagnosed in the past as a symptom of anxiety.
But now I have painful breasts too.
Im.past menopause so it's not due to PMT or pregnancy.
About three years ago when I saw a Dr about anxiety I mentioned then that I had tender nipples but he didn't remark on it at all.
This time my breasts and nipples are sore. Last week the left one and now the right one for two days now.
Has anyone had this due to anxiety? I looked up chostochondritis but not sure if it's that.
I just need a little reassurance please 😊

agracer
12-09-22, 12:34
hi, i’m not sure this is much help but breast pain is actually what triggered the start of my anxiety diagnosis. i’ve had it for months and it’s always in a different breast since my anxiety started and it’s the one symptom that i seem to have every day since. when going to the doctors i spoke about it, and they were not worried at all. if it’s in both sides even if it’s alternating, they told me it’s most likely coming off my chest muscles, back muscles which wrap around and sit under the breasts or your ribs. i ended up going to the doctors again as i wasn’t feeling much better and that’s when i got health anxiety referral. anyway since the i regularly visit the osteopath and i told them about chest/alternating breast pain. (i also sometimes get it in armpits but always one or the other pretty randomly like the breast pain) and he said it definitely sounds like it’s either coming off back chest or even neck, making your nerves feel funny in the breast. I hope this helps :)

Beckybecks
12-09-22, 16:19
Thank you. That is definitely a big help. My pain moves around from chest to back and under my ribs but I didn't realise it could make my breasts feel so sore. I have had extreme anxiety for a few weeks so I suppose it makes sense that the muscles would be tensing there. Also I do sewing for a living so that might add to my problem.
The breast pain has caused me a lot more anxiety though. But as my husband says, if the pain is moving around it can't be anything serious. Also I think when we're anxious our minds perceive pain to be a lot worse than it actually is

Thanks so much for your reply. It's put my mind at ease 😌

agracer
12-09-22, 22:54
no problem at all. i’m glad we could help eachother out ! sometimes it feels like no one really understands why we get so concerned but in our heads it makes total sense to be panicking. i hope things get easier soon :)!