PDA

View Full Version : Spiral Over Cough

Ame_Anxiety
12-09-22, 19:10
I came down with a bug around 8/15 and tested covid negative, but ended up in Urgent Care a couple days later because I felt like I started to get better but then feeling worse. About 5 days in I started getting this cough. It was dry and hoarse and the urge to cough was always present. I ended up on a steroid pack and a zpack and still didn’t feel 100% once I finished it all but everyone told me that the cough would go away on its own and I’d be fine. Welllll, almost a little over 3 weeks since I first work up sick, I’m still coughing. It got unbearable this past Saturday. The sinuses above my teeth started to hurt, my ears were hurting and waking me up at night, and I was still coughing. The urgent care doctor thinks that the first round of treatment just didn’t kill whatever bacteria is causing this infection and so he gave me a breathing treatment in office, an oral steroid in office, and then sent me in a 10 day amoxicillin, and 20mg steroid. I just started the meds yesterday so I’ve taken 4 steroids and 3 antibiotics. The urge to cough is still very much here and my dry cough is now wetter like everything in my face is finally draining. They did a chest X-ray too to rule out pneumonia. And thank God it’s not pneumonia. I guess I’m just wondering if anyone else has had this happen? I’m really freaked out because I’ve been just living with this for weeks and at this point I feel like this cough will never go away and I won’t get better…