PDA

View Full Version : Heart flutters

Ian3124
18-09-22, 12:15
Hi all

I’m hoping this falls into the benign category of palpitations or ectopics but haven’t found yet too many threads exactly like my scenario.

Sometimes I get bouts of what feels like very fast and out of sync heart rhythm that might last up to 2 mins. I’ve gotten it on occasion for a long time. Maybe once a year or less, but I got it on Friday and sort of set me off a bit.

It’ll usually be triggered by something like stressing my voice or breadth from exercise or a fright or once from drinking a cold smoothie quite quickly.

When it happens I get quite panicked for one and feelings of restlessness like I have to keep moving and want to kickstart my heart back into gear. This ties into a dizzy sort of feeling but I’m not sure if this is the panic itself from the sensation. Then quick as anything my heart will kick back into gear and I will feel fine.

Is this an experience others have?

jayke
15-10-22, 13:28
Hi! Yes, I can 100% relate. The dizzy feeling is instantaneous panic. It's incredible how fast the response is. But just think how fast any other emotive response is. My worse sensations are kind a dull skipping of my heart and then a rising pressure and slight light headedness. It's all fine. I've had more tests than the Roswell alien. You'll be fine. You really will.

Lolalee1
16-10-22, 07:46
Mine was fluttering today I could have sworn I had seen Brad Pitt at the Hilton if it wasn’t him he has a double.:D

jaynehal
16-11-22, 17:13
I’ve had these for 4 days they are quite scary!

Flapj
17-11-22, 03:06
I've had more tests than the Roswell alien.

This gave me a chuckle.

Phill2
17-11-22, 04:40
Mine was fluttering today I could have sworn I had seen Brad Pitt at the Hilton if it wasn’t him he has a double.:D

:roflmao:

SG1977
03-12-22, 14:56
Hi! Yes, I can 100% relate. The dizzy feeling is instantaneous panic. It's incredible how fast the response is. But just think how fast any other emotive response is. My worse sensations are kind a dull skipping of my heart and then a rising pressure and slight light headedness. It's all fine. I've had more tests than the Roswell alien. You'll be fine. You really will.

Yeah I get this too exactly as you describe... ectopic beat... pressure in chest... slight diziness for like one second then back to normal. No idea what it is but disconcerting when it happens.