PDA

View Full Version : Abscess???

Delilah11
20-09-22, 19:28
Since yesterday ive had an aching jaw and the gum around the back of my molar tooth is so swollen and soft. Its near where my wisdom tooth grew in and all of the gum from there to my molar is swollen and soft and its very painful.

Thats not the worst of it though. Its if i prod it, quite a bit of pus comes out.
Im not registered to a dentist but im so scared idk what to do. Ive read these infections spreading and killing people. Ive has this for 2 days and im so scared since my jaw bones already hurt.

Im on 111 call just waiting but im so scared of the complications.

Enoughalready!
21-09-22, 06:01
Sounds like a dental abscess to me. I had one last year and it hurt like heck (dental pain is the worst) but I’m alive and well and suffered no complications. The infection that I had even spread into my sinus cavity. You’ll be ok. Just get it treated as soon as you can because it can become so painful so quickly. Best of luck.

nomorepanic
21-09-22, 11:26
If it is an abscess they will probably give you antibiotics until the swelling goes down. There isn't much they can do until things settle.

Carys
21-09-22, 17:10
You can get infection in the soft tissue (and not the tooth itself) around the wisdom teeth gums from trapped food and bacteria, it can be common in the period after wisdom teeth break through. I had it a couple of times in my youth.