PDA

View Full Version : Exhaustion after anxiety making me anxious

Beckybecks
21-09-22, 08:14
I've had about a month of constant anxiety (HA) where I couldn't eat and felt in a state of panic almost constantly.
Now that I've calmed down I have this extreme exhaustion where I feel I can hardly function at all. My head feels fuzzy too.
Is this normal? Something to do with adrenaline maybe?
Because I have HA its really concerning me but I don't want to go back to that state of high anxiety because of it.

pulisa
21-09-22, 08:26
Oh yes...It's completely overwhelming fatigue.

Beckybecks
21-09-22, 08:42
Oh yes...It's completely overwhelming fatigue.
I actually feel as though I've been drugged. Very strange feeling

BlueIris
21-09-22, 08:49
It's natural, your body's basically been running marathon after marathon. Take time to be good to yourself and recover.

NoraB
21-09-22, 09:26
Is this normal?

Yes.

You will have constantly been in fight or flight mode, heart racing, and using lots of energy. It stands to reason that you'll feel as if you've run a marathon (because in some respects, you have)

Edited to say that I hadn't seen Blue's post before I made mine. (Great minds think alike) :yesyes:

ankietyjoe
21-09-22, 10:07
100% normal.

Get rest, start eating better (avoid crap), don't drink, don't smoke, don't sit up googling 'fatigue' and then deciding it's something terminal. Let it pass.

NoraB
21-09-22, 11:59
100% normal.

Get rest, start eating better (avoid crap), don't drink, don't smoke, don't sit up googling 'fatigue' and then deciding it's something terminal. Let it pass.

This is 100% Joe.

Welcome back, Cocker! :yesyes:

Beckybecks
21-09-22, 12:32
Thank you. I'm trying to get over this. Unfortunately with HA it seems one symptom just replaces another one to start worrying about.
Because I haven't been eating much at all, when I do try to eat I get digestive issues now.......more anxiety........more issues.
I will take your advice, no googling, no smoking and no drinking and just rest and let this pass in its own time.

ankietyjoe
22-09-22, 18:51
This is 100% Joe.

Welcome back, Cocker! :yesyes:

Guilty as charged, although I'm not really back. Too much IRL going on, brutally.

Hope you're doing well Nora :bighug1:

NoraB
24-09-22, 08:14
Too much IRL going on, brutally.

Sorry to hear that, Joe.

Hope you're doing well Nora :bighug1:

Hanging on in there, trying to stay sane. (And failing lol) :scared15: