PDA

View Full Version : Ferrous Sulphate question

willous1
21-09-22, 13:24
I started on Iron tablets 2 weeks ago and my stools started of by being black etc. and noticeably different which is normal for iron tablets. 2 weeks later my stools are nearly back to normal even though I am still taking them? Im worried this means they are now not working.

willous1
21-09-22, 15:26
Anyone been on these?

willous1
21-09-22, 17:58
I changed make of tabs 2 days ago..could that be it

willous1
21-09-22, 20:00
I'm in such a panic. My bloods showed low iron and I've started 2 tablets a day, ferrous sulphate. I started to feel so much better and have more energy. My stools were also dark and seemed they were working. Today 2 weeks into taking I'm tired and my stools seem more normal, does that mean they've stopped working? I was so happy and confident and now I feel like my next bloods next week are going to be bad. I went to sleep quite late and had a busy day yesterday so hoping its that but so anxious.

willous1
21-09-22, 20:21
I had a craving for ice and I'm worried that's coming back as that was a major sign

utrocket09
21-09-22, 20:59
Millions of people have anemia and take iron with no issues. Iron tabs just dont quit working...

willous1
22-09-22, 08:24
Maybe the tiredness is just something else.

Just a thought. The last week I've been having tabs on empty stomach..maybe more is being absorbed and less showing in stools. I'm so confused.

NoraB
22-09-22, 12:58
I had a craving for ice and I'm worried that's coming back as that was a major sign

A major sign of what?

NoraB
22-09-22, 13:16
You say you've changed the brand, so check that your new ones are not coated tablets as that can interfere with absorption.

Also, make sure that you are taking your medication with only water, not tea or coffee, and not at the same time as dairy products or antacids, as all these can interfere with absorption...

By the sounds of things, this is most likely down to the change of brand, Willous..

willous1
22-09-22, 14:34
Yep, could be it.

Also, I've only just started taking them on am empty stomach. Feel so tired but don't think it's related to the iron.

willous1
22-09-22, 16:18
I'm so tired today

nomorepanic
24-09-22, 15:53
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.