PDA

View Full Version : Bad anxiety….prayers for my cat please

Darksky
23-09-22, 20:33
I am in a mess guys…

My cat has been involved in a car accident. He’s at the vets with head trauma. Bleeding from eye, nose and jaw. They are stabilising him overnight because he’s in severe shock. Then they will access tomorrow with scans and X-rays. Euthanasia is still on the cards if he deteriorates overnight or if his injuries prove to be too severe. They don’t think there is any internal injuries but need to re scan.
I am in such a mess, my anxiety is through the roof and I just can’t stop crying.
Any positive vibes or prayers for my little Sam will be very much appreciated.
Thank you.

:weep:

Carnation
23-09-22, 20:51
Darksky, I'm so sorry to hear this. :hugs:
I'm not surprised you in a mess, I would be too x
Don't give up hope. I had a cat that was also involved in a car accident. He had a fractured pelvis. Was very touch and go but he survived and for many years!
He's name was also Sam, so I'm going to leave that thought while you wait for your Sam to come home.
Big hugs darksky :bighug1: and I'll say a prayer for you. x

pulisa
23-09-22, 21:11
Such a horrible thing to happen to poor Sam...Sending him the most positive vibes possible and sending you strength and tonnes of :hugs:too, Darksky xx

I had to take my neighbour's cat to the vets a few years ago with a similar injury from a car accident..Her jaw was broken but she survived despite looking terrible after the accident with the head trauma etc.

The emergency vet will take good care of your Sam..He'll be kept comfortable, hydrated and warm. It's the very best you can do for him and gives him every chance xxx

BlueIris
23-09-22, 21:29
Sending love and good wishes for you and Sam xx

fishman65
23-09-22, 22:07
Bless you Darksky, I really am so sorry to hear this. Our pets mean the World to us. But vets can do wonderful things, try not to give up hope. Sending much love and loads of positive vibes xx :bighug1:

Lana
23-09-22, 22:46
Sending best wishes, love, and praying for Sam! Please let us know tomorrow if he is going to be OK.

Fishmanpa
23-09-22, 22:48
I'm SO sorry to hear this. As the parent of a canine and feline fur babies, I understand totally your concern. Sending positive and healing thoughts for your kitty :hugs:

Positive thoughts

Darksky
23-09-22, 23:04
I’m so sorry guys…I’ve just heard from the vets and Samwise has passed away. His injuries were just too much for him and he died.
We are all in such a mess, never was a cat loved like he was. He lit up our lives. And everything is now empty and awful.

I will bring him home and scatter him where he lay in the sun under the laurel.

Thank you for your good wishes and prayers, it was just not to be.:weep:

Carnation
24-09-22, 00:23
Darksky, so sorry :hugs:

fishman65
24-09-22, 00:35
Oh Darksky I really am so sorry. Words are not enough but please know I'm thinking of you. Much love to you and your family at such a sad time :hugs:

BlueIris
24-09-22, 05:39
I'm so very sorry, Darksky. Sending love to you and yours.

MyNameIsTerry
24-09-22, 06:47
I'm so sorry to hear about Sam, Darksky. What a terrible thing to happen. :hugs:

It's going to be very raw right now but please don't forget he knew he was loved and well scared for. He had a happy life and would love you all back. To him you were family as he was to you.

We are all here if you need us x

Catkins
24-09-22, 07:09
Oh Darksky I'm so very sorry that this has happened. It's so devastating. Sending much love to you and your family :hugs:

NoraB
24-09-22, 07:32
Darksky, I'm so sorry.

I understand what it feels like to lose a pet and my thoughts are with you.

Sending love to you and yours.

Rest in peace, Sam.

pulisa
24-09-22, 07:52
I'm so very sorry...You did all you could for him and beyond..both now in an emergency and throughout his life..

He'll always be in that special place for you xxx

Carnation
24-09-22, 16:48
Thinking of you darksky :hugs:

Magic
24-09-22, 19:50
So sorry to hear your sad news Darksy. xxx

.Poppy.
25-09-22, 02:44
I just saw this, I'm so sorry Darksky. It sounds like they did all they could, and he was a very lucky kitty to be so loved.

Scass
25-09-22, 06:49
So sorry to read about Sam. Sending you lots of love xx

Darksky
25-09-22, 18:04
Feel a bit better today. I still haven’t been down the road…..there’s blood on the road and we’ve had no rain. Don’t mean to trigger anyone, sorry.

Weve sat on the garden bench with our tea as we do at mid morning and he always used to saunter down the lane, through the gate and sit with us. That part of the day is hard. But I’m coping better than I thought I would….Mr.D less so :weep:

I’ve re read your messages lots of times, they helped when I had a down moment, so thank you. I still miss him with an ache I don’t think will ever go away but I know I’m going to survive it..
Thank you all again…..loads of love to each of you xxxxx

fishman65
25-09-22, 20:47
It will take time Darksky but you know this of course. You gave him a loving home, that's all we can do. No one can take those beautiful memories away from you :hugs:

pulisa
25-09-22, 20:51
It must have been a very hard weekend for you all..and the "void" left by Sam will hit hard of course. He was a much loved companion and family member after all.

Avoid going down the road if you can? Why put yourself through that ordeal if you don't have to? Hopefully some kind soul will do the necessary if there is no rain xxx

Carnation
26-09-22, 09:27
I want to say stuff to make you feel better darksky but I know you have to go through this period of sadness and loss. At least you didn't have to make a final decision, it was made for you and you were there for him. I'm trying not to say anything to make you cry, then again you probably need to and each day will get a little easier.
Do what you feel is needed darksky xx :hugs:

Darksky
26-09-22, 12:39
Something really strange happened on Saturday night.

A bit of back story…..Sam was picked up out of the middle of the road ( not by the person that hit him :mad:) but by an angel of a man who saw him lying there. He saw he needed help so took him to the nearest vet and asked if he could be treated and he would foot the bill. Because he was micro chipped they found me and the unknown man went on his way. I remember saying to the receptionist I would never meet him but I would be forever grateful for the kindness of strangers. All I knew he was a man in his early forties.

Anyway on Saturday night we had just drawn level with our lane coming back from the dog walk when this car pulled over and this man got out and asked if we’d lost a cat. I have to say ours is a country road with very few houses, no one frequents it. Anyway I just said…was it you?
And he just smiled and said yes. He explained that he’d not seen the accident but he saw other cars just driving on by but he stopped because he was afraid of someone carelessly going over him. So he took him to the vets.

What are the chances of that same man driving along the same road just as we were coming home. Two seconds either way and we would have been up the lane and gone. He said he felt something telling him to stop us. He doesn’t live round here and I’ve not seen him or his car before. Nor since.

We came home spooked out and tingly. I still dont know who he was. I just told him I had fervently wished that I could meet him and here he was, out of the blue.

Good people are still out there:)

Carnation
26-09-22, 12:54
That's very heart warming darksky and very angel like :hugs:

Catkins
26-09-22, 17:12
That's lovely Darksky, very heartwarming indeed.

pulisa
26-09-22, 17:48
He was your Good Samaritan, Darksky. Do you get some comfort in knowing that this kind man acted so quickly to give Sam the best chance? It would have been so easy just to drive on by but he didn't..At least you know what sadly happened and didn't have the torment of him not coming home and never knowing..

fishman65
26-09-22, 22:22
It's given me a chill reading this Darksky, a good chill though. I know many people will speak about coincidence and the law of averages/probability etc. But sometimes these things do make you wonder. As Carnation said, very angelic.

Carnation
01-10-22, 10:35
Hope you are doing ok darksky, as well as can be expected. Just wanted you to know I was thinking about you. :hugs:

Darksky
01-10-22, 11:39
Thank you so much Mrs.C xxx

yes I’m feeling better after a grotty week. Awful dreams when I stood and watched at least a dozen people bring him back home. I ended up with at least a dozen Sams running round the house. It was perfect.

The vets sent us a card and they had inked his paw and pressed it onto the card. I thought that was so lovely of them. Crying again when I saw that.
I don’t know when I will feel the acceptance that he’s not coming back….it’s a long way off.
Mr.D has been torturing himself watching the cctv back…looking at him.

We found out that it was a van that hit him. Didn’t stop. :weep:

But yes, I’m getting there, so I guess I will be back on here more, got some catching up to do.

pulisa
01-10-22, 13:40
That was such a special gesture and "gift" from the vet practice..Something to keep by your bed maybe?

Don't immerse yourself in too much angst on here?..You are hurting enough and need all the comfort you can get

Carnation
01-10-22, 13:59
That was a lovely thought the vet did for you darksky.
I know it hasn't been your best week but you'll get past the black cloud. It's natural to have lots of thoughts about Sam. Each day that passes will be a bit better to bare. xx

Darksky
01-10-22, 16:10
Thank you both.
I feel generally ok and it’s definitely better now. Just ‘moments’.

Yes the vets are the best. I’m quite friendly with them. When I lived in Insanityville, we had 7 dogs and 3 cats so as you can imagine there was always something wrong with one of them. I always said we paid for the vets new 4x4s. So we developed a good relationship with them.
I am thinking of framing the paw print…it’s a definite keeper.

pulisa
01-10-22, 17:56
I was very well known at the vets too when we "collected" gerbils, hamsters and pet rats...I was sent a Christmas card every year to thank me for adding to their bulging coffers..

fishman65
01-10-22, 22:50
That's a wonderful gesture from your vets Darksky :hugs: Its still early days with losing Sam but of this you are well aware of course. 7 dogs and 3 cats?! That's a lot of paws and reminds me of my childhood. My Mum had a thing for Great Danes. Our first was Otto but he didn't reach 1 after the newspaper boy left our front gate open one day. Sabre reached 10, a good age for a Dane.

He was a character and I could tell you many stories, usually involving food. What dog breeds did you have or were they good old Heinz 57s?

Darksky
01-10-22, 23:10
All malamutes Fishman….which is why I said inhabited Insanityville. :roflmao:

My kids are known far and wide as being raised by wolves.

Catkins
02-10-22, 07:19
What a nice gesture from the vets!

Darksky
14-10-22, 18:26
Just to finish this with the final chapter….

we collected him from the vets today. He in a lovely presentation box with cards. I’ve been very emotional again. Sort of, the finality of it all has hit me. I’m not ready to scatter him yet. I have the hollow where he used to sleep under the hedge ready. There’s a stone cat which looks like him and I have solar lights circling it. Just needs him but as I say I’m not ready yet…. It’s too rainy and he hated rain. Or is that an excuse? Probably.

fishman65
14-10-22, 19:36
Darksky :hugs: Thinking of you. Let him go when you're ready, but maybe try to have your family near, just so you're not alone. Talk about him on here as much as you like, we're listening.

Carnation
14-10-22, 20:23
I found that a difficult part too darksky :hugs:
I agree with fishman. Choose a time when you feel ready. And you will know when that is. xx

pulisa
15-10-22, 19:26
Take as much time as you want..He is home now and that's all that matters xx

Scass
18-10-22, 08:28
[emoji3590]