PDA

View Full Version : cipralex( lexapro) LOW Blood pressure, Scared!!!!

soggypops
22-11-07, 10:39
Hi
For the past 2 weeks ive increased my medication from 5 - 10 mg ( doctors orders) and have had a really tough time . I have constant headaches, tired,
feeling sick and dizziness and to be honest feeling crap.

To my horror the other day i went into my local chemist and had a blood pressure check it came out at 107/51 !!!!! and pules 72.
The last check i had was 2 months ago and was 129/80 ( normal)

So because of my increase in meds my blood presure has dropped. Is this normal????

I thought my symptoms were from the meds and now im worrying myself sick because im convinced its because of low blood presure.
Shall i reduce them back to 5mg . My Doc is sick of seeing me last time she said to do a telephone conversation, so i dont want to go again and see her.

Any advice on this PLEASE ?

Elly
xxxx

Dying_Swan
22-11-07, 10:57
Hi Elly.

Please try not to worry. Your Blood Pressure is on the low side but it is not worryingly low...pulse is fine. Our blood pressure does change from day to day, hour to hour. It might just be that your BP is often 107/51 and that is normal for you.

I am not aware that Escitalopram has an effect on blood pressure - apart from causing 'postural hypotenstion' - a drop in blood pressure when you stand up. Did you ask the pharmacist at the time?

Personally, I think it's unlikely that it's due to the medication. It would probably be a good idea to see your GP again at some point to get yourself checked out, particularly since you've just had a change in medication.

Take care xxx :flowers:

soggypops
22-11-07, 11:33
Thanks
for your reply

I really want to stay on meds because although i feel crap i have not got anxiety feelings and i only hope the side effects wont last too long.

I will go back to chemist and check out BP again . My blood presure has always been normal 120,s . So probably its because im more relax ( well tired0 that its gone down so much.

Thanks
agin for your advice

Elly
xxxx:hugs:

nomorepanic
22-11-07, 18:39
Elly

I will move your post into our new forum for this medication. You may want to browse the other posts in there as well - someone else may have had this.

Thanks.