PDA

View Full Version : Could use someone to talk to

Pgoodwin
28-09-22, 17:16
Hello, lately I’ve been having palpitations. I have had palpitations for years but lately they seem to be never ending. I feel like every 5 beats or so I will get one. What’s the deal? I can’t be the only one who gets this many. I don’t feel anxious when I get them. They definitely make me anxious afterwards. I just feel defeated and sad. They didn’t use to bother me so much but these days, with how many I’ve been having( I can’t stand it. I have had an echo, monitor, and ekg a few years ago. All normal. I recently just had another echo, ekg, and just finished my 7 days monitor. My echo was okay, it didn’t mention “borderline pulmonary hypertension” which really freaked me out. I’m hoping I don’t actually have this but my mom works at a hospital and knows a pulmonologist that I will be seeing. If anyone can relate and just talk to me about their experiences I’d greatly appreciate it. Sorry for the rant, thanks for hanging in there with me.

jayke
15-10-22, 13:22
Hey there! I've had palpitations (felt as skips, flutters, thuds etc.) for over 20 years on and off. At my worst I was in the floor psychologically. Had some today and I felt like coming here. It still makes me anxious even though I know it's all okay. I had a 7 day CardioStat monitor fitted last year and it picked everything up. The result: no problems at all. The next day they went. For me, I know my psychology causes most of my symptoms. Think about the palpitations and they appear. Focus on them and they are worse. I've had more tests than I can recall and I'm fine. And you will be, too. Try and find something you're interested in and put your focus in that.

Pgoodwin
21-10-22, 01:24
Thanks for the reply. It really is appreciative. My palpitations have calmed down a bit. I wore my holter monitor and all came back normal. Saw a pulmonologist and still trying to figure out the pulmonary hypertension stuff which is really freaking me out unfortunately. My RSVP was 35 which I think it right at the limit so I’m hoping it’s just a bad reading.