PDA

View Full Version : so tired of overanalizing and feelign crap.......

bethyboo
22-11-07, 10:49
hey there, juust wanted to have a rant as while im sorry for not using this site except for when i need some reassurance..its the only place i feel like people understand.
I have suffered from panic attacks and ocd and acute anxiety for years but came off effexor 4 months ago cold turkey, a big mistake i know as it was more than horrendus but i did get through it after going through the worst deppression i have ever had. My problem is now that while i hate and i mean hate medication...i still everyday wish i was back on it. Ive spent 9 years on and off medication including seroxt. i have always been loud and bubbly(mainly as a defence mechanism for my insecurities) but i have always been quite happy with myself and my life, i felt confident and content alot fo the time. scince oming off effexor i feel like i ahve completely lost myself. i ahve no confidence whatsover, i feel bad about myself everyday,negative thoughts about my physical appearance and self worth..something i ahve never really felt before even when i have been going through a mad phase. I have two lovely boys and while i feel like i cope better with my life as in beign organised and putting my children first my constant thoughts are of paranoya and insecurities. I ahve tried really hard over the last few months to change my life. i go to the gym 3 times a week, i eat healthily, i gave up drinking(i used to drink a bottle of wien every day) and have stopped smoking cannabis(have done most of my life). so why do i feel so bad, i feel healthier but mentally pathetic and weak.... everyday is sucha bloody sturggle, i can feel myself wantign to cry again all the tiem,,am so so oversensitive and just feel like i need to go back on meds. i just wasn tto be numb again, i dont want to be overanalizing all the time and feelign shit about myself. does this go away....is it gna take another few months or is this just the real me?????? i just dnt know what to do anymore..i ahve gone throught hell the last few months and have used every bit of strenght i ahve to get through it and stay off meds but now i jsut think what is the bloody point..at least on meds i was coping and numb.

Believe
22-11-07, 11:39
Hello Hun,

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Those are for you. You sure have been thru the mill lately.

Yes hun, it does get better I promise you that. I had panic anxiety for 6 years. I am in the recovery stage now. I too went cold turkey off my meds, I didn't like all the side effects and changes in me. It's hell but you can beat this.

Each day try to find three positives in your life. Focus in on them and they will help you get through the bad times.

Do you keep a diary? If not that may help you tract your progess and your good times.
Also Remember you aren't alone, we do all understand and are here to help you thru this bad time.

Hope that this helps you. Have a great day.

lesleyB
22-11-07, 17:00
Hi Betty sorry your having a tuff time at the moment, I agree with Believe, I keep a journal of all the positive things I have done each day, you'll be suprised at how much you do. You are a great mum I am sure it will get better and we are here for you.:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Lesleyb

lesleyB
22-11-07, 17:01
Sorry got your name wrong DOH!!!!:blush:
Lesleyb