PDA

View Full Version : Silent Reflux

Paul84
30-09-22, 23:14
Hi all, hope you're well.

I was wondering if anybody could describe what silent reflux actually feels like in the throat. I ask because, I've had a stressy few weeks including a bout of covid. I'm now left with a niggly cough and, what I think is, reflux.

I have no heartburn or chest pain but a slight, occasional burning sensation at the back of my throat. I'm concerned that this is something I've had for a while and ignored or not noticed.
I made the mistake of Googling reflux and, of course, the C-word cropped up.

I know I'm currently in a state of hypersensitivity and focusing in on every sensation.

Would silent reflux be undeniable if I had it? Does it burn like a MF?

For reference, 4 weeks ago I wouldn't have predicted I'd be back on NMP asking about Acid Reflux.

Quick answer is, goto the doctors, but I'm overthinking again at 11pm.

Catkins
01-10-22, 08:02
I've had reflux for a long time and take lansoprazole for it. But earlier this year I had a really persistent cough that was keeping me awake at night and they upped my lansoprazole and it went.

I would say that it could well be the same with you.

Paul84
04-10-22, 17:55
I've had reflux for a long time and take lansoprazole for it. But earlier this year I had a really persistent cough that was keeping me awake at night and they upped my lansoprazole and it went.

I would say that it could well be the same with you.

Thank you for your reply Catkins.
You maybe right, I'd never thought about Reflux until last week.
From memory, I've had heartburn once but other than that, I don't recall too many reflux type things.

It was when I saw that "C" being a thing if reflux is left untreated sent me into a spiral. I was like, "have I been missing something that's going to bite me in the a*** one day"

I sleep alright, no digestive issues during the night and wake up feeling OK.

Its also just 4 weeks since I came down with Covid which, I think, awoke the anxiety demon in me. The lingering cough isn't helping.