PDA

View Full Version : My son had his first headache...worried

kmm111
09-10-22, 23:49
Can anyone talk me down from this spiraling anxiety I am experiencing? My 7 year old never has headaches but last night before bed said his head hurt pretty bad and his stomach hurt as well. No fever or any other symptoms. I gave him Motrin, put him to bed, and he woke up fine and has been fine since. I have a huge fear of brain tumors and I am so afraid he will have another headache. I'm trying to tell myself that many kids get headaches, but I am also worrying about the worst-case scenario.

.Poppy.
10-10-22, 16:42
It sounds like he's okay. Honestly any number of things can cause headaches, even in children, and in most cases they are totally harmless. The fact that Motrin helped and he was fine even when the Motrin wore off tells you that it's not that serious.

I got headaches all the time as a kid. My doctor told my parents that maybe my sinuses just weren't developed yet, but when I was 11 I started getting really bad migraines, so I'm not sure if they were related. However, I've had many MRIs for my migraines over the years and no concerns, it's just something I'm genetically prone to I suppose (my aunt used to get them badly herself).

Maybe something to ask the doctor about at his next checkup, but I wouldn't worry too much about a one-off headache like that.