PDA

View Full Version : No appetite at all

fed up with it
22-11-07, 17:34
HI does anyone suffer from no appeite, i look at food and cant eat at all? it is worse since bad panic attacks. Any advice on this.

sagey
22-11-07, 18:41
I've had appetite loss recently and lost some weight. I've wondered if it could be the flupentixol I take (which I'm stopping soon) but often I find I'm so pre-occupied with anxious thoughts, I pace around and just don't think of food. I've seen people on here advise taking several small meals per day instead of the usual three. That way you're still getting some nourishment and something to keep your blood sugar up. Try taking time to prepare a favourite meal or snack, play yourself some relaxing music and then try and eat.

nomorepanic
22-11-07, 19:33
There are some similar threads at the very bottom of this page so have a read of them

You do need to eat though or your blood sugar levels will be all over the place which will aggrevate the panic attacks.

Small meals throughout the day.

Why not try some milkshakes instead?

margaret911
22-11-07, 22:30
Hi Carol
I know what its like to have no appetite, I think its linked to anxiety, try bananas as they are easy to eat and are good for you. Take care.
love Mags xxx