PDA

View Full Version : (Possible Trigger) Abnormal Pulmonary Function Result - Panic

Angelica Schuyler
12-10-22, 21:31
I went for a pulmonary function test last week as part of post-cancer follow-up. I’ve been in remission for 22 years with minimal problems. However, this test showed that my lung diffusion has dropped from 92 percent in 2018 to 68 percent. While my doctor doesn’t seem concerned, my Dr. Google research says this is likely a sign of intersitial lung disease, pulmonary fibrosis, or other diseases that could kill me in three to five years. Needless to say, I’m in a panic and can’t get myself to do anything.

I’m due for an appointment with my doctor, including labs and a chest x-ray, next week. I have no idea how to get through this. I was hoping to get pregnant in the next two years and I might not even make it that long.

Any advice is welcome. I’m no stranger to health anxiety, but this is a new beast because there is actually a potentially deadly problem this time.

Thanks for reading.

Angelica Schuyler
14-10-22, 13:59
I’m kicking this up to see if anyone has any kind words or advice. I slept all day yesterday - exhausted from worry - and I’m not sure how I’m going to get through to my Thursday appointment and tests.

utrocket09
14-10-22, 18:54
I went for a pulmonary function test last week as part of post-cancer follow-up. I’ve been in remission for 22 years with minimal problems. However, this test showed that my lung diffusion has dropped from 92 percent in 2018 to 68 percent. While my doctor doesn’t seem concerned, my Dr. Google research says this is likely a sign of intersitial lung disease, pulmonary fibrosis, or other diseases that could kill me in three to five years. Needless to say, I’m in a panic and can’t get myself to do anything.

I’m due for an appointment with my doctor, including labs and a chest x-ray, next week. I have no idea how to get through this. I was hoping to get pregnant in the next two years and I might not even make it that long.

Any advice is welcome. I’m no stranger to health anxiety, but this is a new beast because there is actually a potentially deadly problem this time.

Thanks for reading.

Mine is less than 68. I have asthma.