PDA

View Full Version : Mole change (photo) absolutely terrified

Londonlady1992
23-10-22, 14:54
I have 100s of moles that have always caused me awful HA, I have had a couple looked at and was told were fine but today was scrolling through my photos and noticed an old photo of a mole I had taken and compared it to now there is obvious change I have completely go into panic and convinced this is it. I can't see my gp until tomorrow I feel sick with worry i don't know how I've missed tje changes I am usually so on top of it. Is there any chance it could be harmless? Changes absolutely terrify me

The shape has completely changed I have 2 young children I cant leave them please has anyone ever had change like this?

BlueIris
23-10-22, 16:03
Please don't post photos? We're not dermatologists here and they can send HA folks like me into a tailspin.

Londonlady1992
23-10-22, 16:09
Sorry I thought this forum was a place with people who understand.

BlueIris
23-10-22, 16:14
Trust me, I understand. I have HA, an aunt who died from melanoma age 28 and I've got a scar on my face from basal cell carcinoma removal. These phobias are horrendous, and you have my sympathy.

Are you getting any help with your anxiety right now?

Londonlady1992
23-10-22, 16:15
I actually have been coping extremely well for years up until today which is so frustrating it has come back stronger than ever. Doesn't help that its a Sunday and i can't call my GP until tomorrow, stomach is in knots.

BlueIris
23-10-22, 16:24
It's horrible, isn't it?

What are your normal coping strategies?

melie1818
23-10-22, 17:48
I’ve been like this many times in the past over moles, it’s a big trigger of mine. Can I ask which is the before and which is the after photo? There doesn’t seem to be much of a difference but obviously you’re doing the right thing in thinking of getting it checked. What I try to tell myself is that in the high majority of cases it’s treatable. Trust me I know how you feel and it’s so hard but moles can change and most of the time be absolutely fine.

Londonlady1992
23-10-22, 21:44
I’ve been like this many times in the past over moles, it’s a big trigger of mine. Can I ask which is the before and which is the after photo? There doesn’t seem to be much of a difference but obviously you’re doing the right thing in thinking of getting it checked. What I try to tell myself is that in the high majority of cases it’s treatable. Trust me I know how you feel and it’s so hard but moles can change and most of the time be absolutely fine.

Thanks for your kind words.the first is before what worries me most is it was perfectly round and now the edges are jagged and blurry.

melie1818
24-10-22, 20:53
How did you get on at the doctors? Hope it went okay x