PDA

View Full Version : Lung disease

sck
23-10-22, 16:13
Hi all,
4 weeks ago I caught a horrible heavy cold virus (high temp, cough, soooo much mucus). 4 weeks on and I still have a cough. Mostly dry just the odd bit of fluid thick mucus feeling in my throat. Saw doc and 2 lots of antibiotics haven't helped. She said it's viral. She said my chest sounded clear and my o2 levels are 98/99
I am also a smoker (haven't smoked since this virus). And now I am convinced inhave emphysema or copy

sck
25-10-22, 12:22
Anyone?

BlueIris
25-10-22, 12:24
Honestly, I think you're safe to trust your doctor on this one. Coughs can last for ages.

ankietyjoe
26-10-22, 11:24
Hi all,
4 weeks ago I caught a horrible heavy cold virus (high temp, cough, soooo much mucus). 4 weeks on and I still have a cough. Mostly dry just the odd bit of fluid thick mucus feeling in my throat. Saw doc and 2 lots of antibiotics haven't helped. She said it's viral. She said my chest sounded clear and my o2 levels are 98/99
I am also a smoker (haven't smoked since this virus). And now I am convinced inhave emphysema or copy

Use this as motivation to quit smoking for good.

But, you're worrying over nothing by the sound of it. A cough can easily last for several weeks after a bad infection, sometimes more. The last bad chest infection I had, the cough took weeks and weeks to go.

I have a friend who's cough lasted 3 months after he had Covid, for example.