PDA

View Full Version : Skin Cancer Worry

WorriedOlive
27-10-22, 09:28
Hi,

I’ve managed to control my HA for a while, but currently going down a skin cancer spiral and could do with some logical words. I’m currently pregnant so really don’t want to be this stressed/anxious as I’m worried it will do harm.

Around 3 months ago a new mole popped up on my shoulder. It looked reasonably normal, around 4mm, very even border, slightly raised, no noticeable weird colours. The other day my husband pointed out that it had gone all dry. This made me panic and I immediately booked in an appointment for a couple of days later at the mole clinic for a singular dermoscope diagnosis of the mole.

My appointment was last night and strangely the dryness had actually disappeared, I was almost worried I would be waisting there time. The nurse who takes the images said “it is atypical” and when I asked why/how atypical she said it’s difficult to say and would be determined by the dermatologist who the images get sent to. She couldn’t see any other moles on my body that are similar (my other moles are all extremely flat, this one is slightly raised with a bit more of a wrinkly texture. Almost looks stuck on the body)
She then apologies and said she isn’t able to give me any reassurance, which in some cases she can straight away, and that I need to wait for the dermatologist report.

I now feel beside myself with worry. I’m not a particularly moley person so I really don’t know how common it is for new moles (I’m 28 for reference) and for them to be ‘atypical’.

Any words of reassurance would be so appreciated.

.Poppy.
27-10-22, 16:48
Keep in mind that even if there is something wrong, you are on top of it. Most of the time they just remove it - which is very quick and easy - and that's the end of it.