PDA

View Full Version : Melanoma worry

minion
31-10-22, 06:43
Hi everyone. I haven’t posted in about 6 months.I come into the site regularly but am never brave enough to comment so I am really grateful when you guys offer advice x.
3 weeks ago I saw a dark blemish on my arm and thought it looked a bit raised. Decided it could be a blocked pore and proceeded to squeeze it. Although with hind sight It didn’t looked like a pore and have never had one on the back of my arm! I squeezed for quite a while and caused it to bleed. It sort of scabbed over and then to me it started looking like a possible melanoma. It felt hard and dryish. Yesterday it fell off!. There is a faint mark. I am convinced I picked off a melanoma. Full panic mode! By the time I get to see a doctor the mark will have gone. He/she won’t be able to check and the possible melanoma will still be ‘inside’. Help! What can I do?

minion
01-11-22, 07:36
I haven’t been able to get an appointment and I am not too sure where the blemish was! Panicking😞

ShaunRyder
01-11-22, 11:13
I do not think Melanoma would just disappear like that, remember that cancer is a growth, so it would be getting worse not healing/falling off/fading etc.

It may be you had a some dry skin, picked it, made it sore/cut it, it scabbed over, healed, fell off and still have some dry skin left. Stop picking it at and try some moisturiser on it.

Limeslime
01-11-22, 14:28
Oh wow, I have been in this exact scenario so I fully understand your fear!!
I scratched off an irregular mole and it grew back in a funny shape and caused me months of stress! Before it grew back, I also worried I had scratched off a melanoma and told my GP such. His advice is that it’s not possible to scratch off the surface of a melanoma as they grow beneath the surface of the skin too, so unless you’d dug deep with a scalpel, it’d still be there after the scab fell off.
Also, melanoma would continue to grow laterally so it’d grow back around the sides of the scar - so you’d know!
Also, I’ve had blackheads that look like the one you described. I went through months of fear after squeezing one, feeling exactly as you do now! But that was 3 years ago and nothing came back, so I know for sure they must’ve been blackheads.

minion
01-11-22, 20:24
Really appreciate the replies x. I am trying to stop the panicking.