PDA

View Full Version : Urine sample and blood

LuSmith
04-11-22, 20:16
So I sent a new urine sample off expecting the GP to culture it after the last two weeks I had with bad frequency, urinary pain etc, to follow up a previous culture and retest since that hadn't showed anything despite my symptoms (I'm notorious for frequent UTI's that sometimes don't show up on the cultures). The doctor didn't bother to send it for culture though and just sent it to be checked for red and white blood cells instead. Well I've had some on and off light spotting after a lengthy period that was refusing to calm down after starting and stopping the mini-pill but my results came back very abnormal for blood cells, and despite it potentially being microscopic bleeding from the uterus, I'm still super worried about it meaning my kidneys are failing or I've got something else going on... At the point I took the sample there was a tiny blood clot that I passed but it didn't go into the sample. I've now stopped noticing any bleeding since in the last 2 days.

They didn't even follow up regarding it or get back to me about the results because they seem to think I had no reason to have the culture done (my doctors are terrible at listening to the patient), so now I'm left with these results and no explanation.

Is it possible it was just from the spotting? It was quite a high amount of blood in the urine.. (at least it sounded like a high amount - the worst RBC count I've ever had before). I was googling (I know I shouldn't) and apparently it's not normal to have ANY blood in your urine at all?! Yet I've always had a small amount of blood in my urine, so now I'm wondering if there's something they're not chasing up.

Luckily I have a consultation with my urologist on the 14th of November but.. I'm still worried about this.